Chapter 6 - Meeting Jeff

I waited what seemed like forever until I felt a cool hand on my forehead and realized I fell asleep again.

"Your fever broke. That's good," a man's voice said. "Its been days."

Days? I've been asleep for days?

I sat up, seeing I was still chained and looked up to see a hooded figure stood over me.

"W-Who are you?" I asked.

"The one that saved your life," he said in a deep raspy voice.

I gulped nervously.

"U-Uhh.. C-Can I... see your face?" I asked meekly.

"You'll be afraid," he growled as he knelt to my level.

"P-Please..." I mumbled.

He was still before his band came up and grabbed the edge of his hood.

He then pulled it down to reveal long black sort of shaggy hair.

But when he lifted his face... my heart stopped.

All I now saw was his pale white face, his blue soulless eyes looking into mine, but what made me scream was his smile... his carved smile that split his lips apart into a bloody god awful smile.

I cringed as cries escaped my mouth and looked away as he then pounced on me.

My back was against the wall as he then placed his hands on either side of my head so he hovered over me, his face inches from mine.

"Shut up!" he sneered, clamping his hand over my mouth. "Or you'll end up like that guy I slaughtered to save your ass!"

I bit my lip as I cowered in fear once her removed his hand, small whimpers escaping my lips.

He's the one who killed Tyler?!

"Consider it just a threat... For now... I'm not gonna kill you. You're something I need. You might know something I want to know," he snapped.

I was still petrified with fear.

"W-What do you want from me?" I cried nervously.

"There's knowledge I need, and I think maybe you can help me figure it out," he growled into my face, his breathe reeking with the smell of his blood.

I cringed and started to hyperventilate as tears streamed down my eyes.

"I-I'll tell you anything, j-just please, please don't kill me!" I cried. "I don't want to die like he did, however it was he died, but please!"

He looked at me curiously, but still grinned, knowing I was talking about Tyler.

"Glad we're seeing eye to eye," he smirked. "Now, you will answer me this, and I just might let you out of those uncomfortable chains, so long as you don't run away."

I gulped and nodded and waited for the question.

"How does this... love thing happen?"