Chapter 9 - Lies and Peace

[Jeff's POV]

I finished the sandwiches and poured some water into cups before walking pout into the living room with the food.

The girl, Robin, sat nervously on the couch.

"Hey," I said a little bit loud, making her squeak and jump.

"Lunch," I said, placing the food on the table.

"I-I'm sorry, but... I'm, I'm not hungry," she said in a scared voice.

Something told me that she was lying.

"You're a walking stick. Just eat," I said forcefully.

"But..."

"For fuck's sake, just eat the damn sandwich!!!" I shouted.

She jumped before meekly and hesitantly taking a sandwich and holding it up to her lips, her eyes looking at me full of fear.

I urged her quietly to eat.

She hesitantly bit a small piece of the sandwich and slowly chewed it, some tears falling down her cheeks.

I smirked victoriously before I noticed Smile near the coffee table, sniffing my sandwich.

I tipped the glass of water that was on the table and it splashed him, making him yelp and jump back.

"No! Don't do that!!" Robin suddenly shouted as Smile shook off the water.

I look up at her. "Excuse me?!"

"D-Don't hurt him," she nervously said as she got up getting a rag from the coffee table and slowly approaching Smile.

I yank her back. "Are you stupid?! He'll tear your face off!!"

Smile just nudged her leg and whimpered.

She knelt down as she then nervously put the rag on Smile's wet fur.

She patted the rag to dry him and the Smile licks her cheek happily, nearly knocking her down. But Robin still covered her mouth and giggled.

She looked... At peace... Why wasn't she like this earlier?

I grunt in frustration.

"Enough!" I shouted before I ended up being soft.

She jumped and Smile ran off scared.

"Just eat your food before you do something that really gets you hurt here," I snapped before storming off.

[Robin's POV]

Why is he being so mean??

I thought he wanted to know how to love someone. He'll never learn like that with his temper.

Much less from someone like me...

I look at the food and suddenly don't feel so good, and I only managed half.

I got up and looked around for a bathroom. Jeff will never have to know what I do.

But what am I going to do about him??