Friday Night Bites

Bonnie: "I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." she tells Elena as they arrive at school

Elena: "You were the one who said to go for it."

Bonnie: "Now I'm saying take it slow."

Elena: "Why the about-face?"

Bonnie: "It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field."

Elena: "Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not saying?"

Bonnie: "It's stupid."

Elena: "Bonnie..."

Bonnie: "What?"

Elena: "Spit it out."

Bonnie: "I accidentally touched Stefan. And got a really bad feeling."

Elena: "Is that it?" she gives her an amused look and Bonnie goes to walk away making her grab her arm to stop her "Bonnie."

Bonnie: "It was bad bad!"

Elena: "Is the whole witch mojo thing again?"

Bonnie: "You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." she shrugs

Elena: "And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." she assures and they walk a little more before Stefan comes over to the group

Stefan: "Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Bonnie."

Bonnie: "Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later."

Elena: "Bonnie, wait..." she calls out as said woman hurries away

Stefan: "She doesn't like me very much."

Elena: "She doesn't know you. She's my best friend. She's just looking out for me. But when she does, she will love you."

Tyler: "Look...there's Elena and her new boyfriend" he says as he throws a football around with Matt and another student "Now, what are they doing? Oh, they're walking, walking, walking. Yep. Right into the sunset."

Matt: "You're a dick."

Tyler: "While you just stand there looking like one of those little yard trolls."

Matt: "Gnomes."

Elena: "Here's what we're going to do. Are you free tonight?"

Stefan: "Yes."

Elena: "Perfect. Dinner, my house. 8:00. You, me, and Bonnie. You two will spend some quality time and she'll get to see what a great guy you are. Mission accomplished. I'll even invite Aspen. Might help her become more open to you."

Matt: "Hey, what am I supposed to do, Ty? She made her choice."

Tyler: "Let her know she made the wrong one." he catches the football and prepares to throw it at Stefan who is standing with his back facing them

Matt: "What are you doing? Ty, don't. Ty, don't! Ty! Don't!" he throws the ball and just as it's about to hit Stefan's head, he turns around and catches it which surprises all of them.