She's Come Undone pt. 1

Caroline: "Elena, you're here" she greets, heading over to Elena with Aspen and Bonnie beside her "Hey, I got valedictorian. You can help me write my speech."

Elena: "Pass."

Caroline: "Oh, come on. We're graduating this year. This is it. We're gonna have to soak up every second before-"

Elena: "Wait. Something's not right" she interrupts her, looking around the space "I don't want to be here."

Damon: "What is wrong with you?" he scoffs as she turns to face where he's sitting on a table "Don't you want to be with your friends, graduation parties, caps, gowns? You know the drill."

Elena: "What is this?" she turns to face the three girls but stops when they've disappeared "We're not really
here, are we? We're in my head."

Damon: "Relax. I just want to show you all the things you've been missing out on since you took the giant leap over the cuckoo's nest."

Elena: "Last thing I remember..."

Damon: "Let me guess. Prom. Beautiful dress,
gorgeous hair, you trying to murder Aspen. It's a good thing I was there to take care of you."

Elena: "You starved me, you and Stefan."

Damon: "Yeah. Well, we had to keep you weak so I could bring you here. See, the way I figure it is, if I can make you nostalgic, then you're already halfway to getting your humanity back."

Elena: "It's not gonna work, Damon."

Damon: "Well, there are other ways to provoke an emotional response." he shrugs, opening his eyes to look at Stefan who comes into the basement

Stefan: "You still have her locked in the safe? You've been in her head for an hour. What, still nothing?"

Damon: "How you doing in there?" he questions, opening the safe door where Elena is slouched inside "Come on. Is the old you ready to come out and play?" he questions, dragging Elena onto the floor

Elena: "Go to hell."

Damon: "Ok. Back you go" he shrugs with a smile, pulling her back into the safe before locking it "We can do this the nice way, or we can do it the other way, but either way, we're not stopping until you turn your humanity switch back on. So I'm gonna let you think about that, and I'm gonna come back for you in a couple hours or a couple years because all we have is time."

🔘

Stefan: "Hey. How you feeling?" he asks when Caroline leads a sick looking Aspen into the living room

Aspen: "Like death." she sighs, wincing as she slowly sits on the couch and Stefan caresses her head

Caroline: "Where is she? I want to see her."

Stefan: "We're not letting anyone see her. That's the whole point. Isolation leads to misery, leads to emotion."

Caroline: "She's been here for days. She hasn't improved at all?"

Stefan: "Look. She doesn't want to, Caroline, not yet, all right? She's devastated. She lost her brother. She attacked her friends. She killed an innocent woman."

Caroline: "You said that you knew to help her."

Stefan: "I did say that. We are."

Caroline: "How, by torturing her?"

Stefan: "It's not torture. It's an intervention. The only chance we have with her is to provoke her, to trigger something. Fear, anger, self-pity, anything."

Caroline: "Let me talk to her before any more interventioning. If she's weak, she can't hurt me. Please just let me try." she pleads, making him sigh before leading her to the basement