Homecoming

Klaus: "Portland is fantastic once you can get over all the whiney music and healthy-looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

Stefan: "Your father's dead."

Klaus: "What did you say to me?"

Stefan: "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

Klaus: "Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

1 hour ago

Stefan: "All right, we'll say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait."

Elena: "And you, what, vervained him?"

Damon: "No, we vervained him. The guy's an original. Make it realistic."

Stefan: "Ok. Fine. We vervained him and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

Elena: "Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead..."

Stefan: "We drove it through his heart."

Elena: "And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?"

Damon: "Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied."

Stefan: "Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here."

Elena: "Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof."

Mikael: "Then I shall be dead." he comes into the room and sets down the dagger and white ash

Elena: "What if he wants to see in person?"

Mikael: "Well, it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

Stefan: "With what? Those daggers won't work on him."

Mikael: "Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

Damon: "Where is it?"

Mikael: "Not here. Knowing its location is my insurance policy."

Stefan: "Against what?"

Mikael: "You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you." he holds the dagger out to Elena who looks at him in shock

Elena: "You want me to actually dagger you?"

Mikael: "Klaus will leave nothing to chance. Especially when it comes to trust."

Present

Klaus: "I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself."

Stefan: "Well, he's here" he gets up and walks around Mikael's body on the floor "Come by whenever."

Klaus: "If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

Stefan: "It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."

Klaus: "I want to talk to Rebekah."

Stefan: "That's not a problem. She's right here." he turns around to face where she's standing in the corner and hands her the phone

Rebekah: "Hello, Nik."

Klaus: "Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?" he questions and Rebekah looks up at Elena who nods in encouragement