Do Not Go Gentle

Entering the loft, Aspen looks over to see Elijah standing in the kitchen with his back to her. Smirking a little she quiets her steps as she slowly moves towards him. Just as she goes to attack he turns around, speeding her over and pinning her between him and the counter

Aspen: "Damn it." she groans

Elijah: "You're getting better at that."

Aspen: "This..." she motions to how he's standing in front of her "Tells me different."

Elijah: "Your feet are much lighter. Had I been a rookie vampire I would never have picked up on it."

Aspen: "So I can take on three day old vampires. fun. Not the level I wanted to get to but..."

Elijah: "You'll get there" he says, making her nod unconvincingly "Since you're in such a hurry to improve, why don't you start with a couple of laps around the building."

Aspen: "Now I remember why I thought about calling in sick." she groans, making him laugh as she heads towards the door

🔘

Caroline: "So Alaric is trying to pull himself together? Why is that a bad thing?" she asks Elena as they walk through the gym together while setting up for the dance

Elena: "Just I wish there was something I could do" she sighs, picking up a chandelier and giving Caroline a strange look "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

Caroline: "Ugh. You know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should have shown up to do it herself" she frowns, handing the chandelier to a girl who passes them "Just no" she shakes her head, making Elena laugh and they look over at where Matt and Jeremy are hanging decorations "What are you doing? You can't just hang them. They're supposed to trickle down" she orders, the two men mocking her a little as they laugh "Look at them all bromancey."

Elena: "Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the grill."

Caroline: "That was nice of him."

Elena: "Mm-hmm. Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out."

Caroline: "You sure it had nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?"

Elena: "I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it."

Caroline: "Ah, what are friends for? So who you bringing to the dance?"

Elena: "What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Aspen, and I were going as girl dates."

Caroline: "Bonnie has a date."

Elena: "What?"

Caroline: "Jamie called and wanted to see her, so she asked him."

Elena: "What about Aspen?"

Caroline: "I don't know. Let me call her." she thinks, pulling her phone out to dial her number
-
Aspen: "Hello."

Caroline: "Hey. Where are you?"

Aspen: "Oh, you know, just around." she shrugs

Caroline: "Well are you around the school because you said you'd be here."

Aspen: "Decorating, right" she winces a little "I'm sorry I forgot."

Caroline: "It's ok. Just as long as you know that you're on clean-up duty."

Aspen: "How fun." she groans

Elijah: "I forgot. How do you take your coffee?" he asks, coming into the room as Aspen tenses a little and Caroline's eyes widen