Graduation

Kol: "Welcome back" he taps on the microphone as he talks to a crowd of people standing on the field where the graduation is set to take place later "It was our deaths that allowed this day to come to pass. Massacres performed in the name of resurrecting the immortal, Silas. Twelve hybrids, twelve witches, the slaughter of innocents by the so-called hero protectors of Mystic Falls. They risked unleashing hell on earth for their own selfish gains. And today that's exactly what they're going to get."

🔘

Stefan: "Damon!" he greets said man who comes into the room where he and Lexi are blasting music while drinking "Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation. Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course?"

Damon: "Lexi, back from the dead. Goody." he nods, grunting when she speeds him into a wall

Lexi: "What's up, buzzkill?"

Damon: "Stefan, you're just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" he strains as Lexi chokes him

Stefan: "You reap what you sow, buddy."

Lexi: "Let's be very clear: whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?"

Damon: "Yeah. Got ya" he nods, taking in a few deep breaths when she lets him go "So if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Aspen tried to put that veil up. And here you two are having dance party USA."

Stefan: "You're right. How selfish of me to be indulging in these precious moments with my formerly dead best friend. I should be sacrificing my own happiness for the good of others, right? I should be upstairs grooming my hero-hair."

Damon: "Are you drunk?"

Stefan: "I don't know, Mom, am I?" he shrugs as Lexi giggles at him, taking the bottle he holds out to her

giggles at him, taking the bottle he holds out to her

Lexi: "Okay." she mutters when Damon snatches the bottle from her

Damon: "Well, I guess that's one way to celebrate our supernatural apocalypse" he shrugs, taking a swig from the bottle "Now, care to hazard any guesses on what the hell went wrong?"

🔘

Aspen: "I hit kind of a snag."

Caroline: "A snag? A snag is a bad yearbook picture. You hit a tsunami. Where are you?"

Aspen: "I'm trying to fix it, but I'm running into some trouble" she says, turning to glare at Bonnie who looks down at her body "I need to wait until the full moon tonight to have enough power to put the veil back up."

Caroline: "Are you telling me that we might graduate right smack in the middle of a ghost-filled Expression Triangle?"

Aspen: "Maybe we should just cancel."