Heart Of Darkness

Elena: "Alaric?" she questions, looking into the small opening of the cellar he's currently sitting in

Alaric: "Yeah? Still me" he sighs, Elena coming into the cell and standing in front of him "You know you shouldn't be in here. Defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing."

Elena: "Well, you still need the basics. Toothbrush, clothes, some boring books to help you sleep."

Alaric: "Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"?" he holds it up for her to see, making her brows furrow in confusion

Elena: "What? No, I got...Damon. Thinks he's hilarious." she sighs

Alaric: "At least one of us still has a sense of humor."

Elena: "Are you sure that you...I mean, you don't have to be kept in here."

Alaric: "Oh, no, this is...ah, this is the right place for me to be. At least until you guys can convince my highly uncooperative alter ego to confess where I...or...he hid the white oak stake."

Elena: "We looked everywhere. You...the other you hid it well."

Alaric: "What's Klaus going to do if you can't find it?"

Elena: "It's the only thing that will kill him,
so... Wage war. Murder people. You know, Klaus stuff" she sighs, seeing the fallen look on his face "Listen..." taking the chair in the room she moves it over so she's sitting in front of him "Stefan is going to watch over you for a little while. Now that Klaus knows where Jeremy is, it's not safe. So...Damon and I are going to go to Denver to pick him up."

Alaric: "Why do you say that like you're waiting for me to disapprove?"

Elena: "I don't know. Me and Damon, traveling across the country."

Alaric: "Well, I guess I'm more curious to hear what Stefan has to say about it."

Elena: "Actually, it was his idea. He thinks that I have some unresolved feelings for Damon."

Alaric: "Do you?"

Elena: "I guess that's why I'm going on this trip. So I can figure it out. And I guess he's using this time to figure out his feelings for someone else." she sighs, making him give her a confused look

Alaric: "What? Who?"

Elena: "No clue. All he said was that he has confusing feelings for someone."

🔘

Entering the living room where Stefan is standing in front of the fireplace, Damon places his bag on the ground, looking over at him

Damon: "Did you hear from Klaus?"

Stefan: "Not yet. I'm sure I will soon, though. He's expecting me to deliver two stakes. I only have one."

Damon: "Well, that's going to be disappointing for him."

Stefan: "I'll get it out of Alaric. I just need some time."

Damon: "I like that confidence, Stefan. I don't share it, but I like it."

Stefan: "You don't think I can do what it takes?"

Damon: "Well, you're good Stefan again. You're in control. Sorry, you might get the girl but you lose the edge. Speaking of..." turning to the doorway they watch as Elena comes over to them "Have you ever flown first class?"

Elena: "Who did you have to compel for that?"

Damon: "Please. I used miles." he scoffs,
grabbing his bags and heading to the door as Elena turns to look at Stefan