Down The Rabbit Hole

Caroline: "Tell me you're not serious."

Elena: "I wish I weren't. When we got back from looking for Jeremy, Aspen, Dominic and Shane were all gone, too. Dominic needs Aspen to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure, and he managed to sneak them both out from under our noses."

Caroline: "Well, where's Damon in all this?"

Elena: "We had an argument. I thought he was just taking a walk, but then when we went to the beach, we saw signs of a struggle."

Caroline: "Meaning what?"

Elena: "Meaning somebody probably jumped him and then grabbed him."

Caroline: "Do you think Dominic or Shane took him?"

Elena: "No, I mean, they're not strong enough to take Damon on, even with the element of surprise. He must have someone or at least a few someones helping him."

Caroline: "I am so sorry. I wish I was there to help."

Elena: "Well, maybe there's something you can do from home."

Caroline: "Anything. Tell me."

Bonnie: "Shane's looking for the cure. We think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, but we just can't translate the map."

Caroline: "Unless you get the hunter's sword from Klaus." she glances over at where Klaus is leaning against the back of the couch with a smirk on his face

Elena: "Exactly."

Rebekah: "He'll never give up the sword."

Stefan: "Yeah, but if anything's gonna get him to give it up, it's making sure Aspen is safe."

Rebekah: "He will never give up the sword, not even for Aspen. He's terrified we'll use the cure against him to make him mortal, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't want any of us to derive a moment's worth of happiness from being human."

Stefan: "Well, maybe he doesn't have to give it up. Klaus is stuck in Elena's house by Aspen's spell. He can't go anywhere. There's only so many places you can hide a 3-foot piece of metal."

Caroline: "I'll find it. Don't worry. Just email me photos of Jeremy's tattoo. I'll find the sword and I'll call you back."

Elena: "Thank you, Caroline."

Caroline: "Just...bring Aspen back home."

Elena: "I will. Promise." she assures as they hang up

Klaus: "Need my help with anything, love?"

Caroline: "Nope."

🔘

Massak: "This is as far as I go." he informs once they arrive inside the cave

Shane: "We're on the brink of a monumental event in human history. We're gonna raise the most powerful immortal creature that ever was. Come on, our work's not done yet."

Massak: "Mine is. You said get the kid and the witch. I did. I want to get paid now" he demands, making Dominic nod at Shane who pulls out the stone "I'll say a prayer for your souls." he nods at Aspen and Jeremy before walking out

Aspen: "That's what the tombstone was for? To pay off a mercenary?"

Dominic: "The core of that tombstone is made up of Qetsiyah's calcified blood. In some witch circles, that stone's more valuable than the hope diamond" he shrugs, stepping towards the edge of the cliff as the four look down into it "So who wants to go down first?"

🔘

Klaus: "Well, if it isn't little orphan Lockwood" he greets when watching Caroline and Tyler come into the house "Come to show how laughably impotent you are against me?"