Chapter 55: Avalanche

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 55: Avalanche

I never wanted it to turn out this way
Now forever feels like yesterday
Sorry something that I just can't say
Can you see me breaking down
The end to a falling out

I got pride, you can't hold your breath
(Even if we survive)
We'll crash down like an avalanche.

            I don’t think I was ever so excited to be home when the bus finally dropped us off. We spent the whole next day unpacking and getting used to being home. After that it became all about the wedding. In a couple shorts days I’ll be getting married. Tonight is the last night Max and I can hang out before the wedding. He came over and we walked around the backyard for a while before sitting down in the garden to talk.

“Have you started packing?” he asked me.

I nodded, “I have most of my stuff packed and I have the boxes labeled. Mom and Aunt Demi are determined to help us unpack our things and decorate the place.”

He laughed, “That sounds like them. At least we don’t have to worry about it I guess.”

“Yeah,” I laughed, “That’s why I didn’t argue. Have you packed?”

He nodded, “Everything’s packed.”

“Are you nervous?” I asked.

He shrugged, “A little. I’m nervous for this next chapter of our lives and I’m nervous to be starting college. I’ve never lived on my own I don’t know what it’s like. I’m afraid we’ll get to busy or we won’t be able to handle it.”

“I’m nervous too,” I admitted, “But we still have our family to help us. If I have to I can put some of my activities on hold. I really want this to work and I really want to make sure you’re successful at college. The only thing I have planned is fashion designing. Obviously I’ll be helping Anna with her music a little, but I’m making sure I’m not too busy because I want to have time to figure this out.”

He nodded, “I also didn’t overload myself with classes because I knew I’d have practice and us to figure out.”

“So it’ll be okay,” I smiled, “You’ll be extremely busy for a while but we’ll get used to our new schedules. We have to. I’m sure all teenagers feel this way after they graduate high school. Granted not all of them get married so soon, but all of them have to figure out how to be an adult and live independently.”

He smiled, “You always know how to make me feel better.”

“And on the bright side we’ll always be together.”

He reached over and held my hand, “Together for the rest of our lives.”

“You really want that?” I smiled.

“More than anything,” he answered.

“Max, have you ever stopped to think about how fast the time has gone? I mean time as in our relationship? We haven’t even been together for a full year.”

He chuckled, “You should have seen my friends’ reactions when I told them. You should have also heard their reactions when they got their invitations in the mail.”