Chapter 17: World of Chances

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 17: World of Chances

You’ve got a face for a smile you know…

But I’ve got a world of chances for you

I’ve got a world of chances for you…

“Welcome home D!”

            Aunt Demi invited almost every family member and friend I have ever met. She’s lucky we have a large backyard otherwise everybody would not fit. They cheered as mom led me to the backyard. There was a projector in the background with a slideshow of all my childhood pictures leading up to now. They really outdid themselves, but Aunt Demi and mom always do. I walked around, making sure to give everyone attention, and settled myself at a table next to Anna and dad.

“How is everything going at work dad?” I asked him. “I forgot to ask.”

“I’m glad you did because it’s going great. Your mom even wrote a few articles for us and the readers went crazy.”

“Really?”

Mom nodded to confirm it, “Your father even told me to start doing a column regularly.”

“You should!” I told her.

“That’s what I said,” Aunt Demi agreed with me, “because I read it too and it was brilliant.”

Mom smiled, “I’ll think about it. Enough about me, let’s talk about something else.”

“How does it feel to be home?” Mom’s friend Anastasia asked me.

I nodded and smiled slightly, “It feels pretty great. It’s weird being back, but I know I’m ready to be back if that makes sense. The weirdest part is not having something to do all the time. In rehab and even in the sober living house Anna and I had schedules of things for us to do. We had chores, therapy, group meetings, and our spare time was used in the music room or visiting family. We always had something to do, but here I don’t have that. There’s a lot more freedom and it takes getting used to.”

“Are you going to start seeing a therapist?” Aunt Demi asked.

I nodded, “I’ve thought about it and I want to. It helps having that extra person to talk to who really knows about mental disorders like I have. I’ve seen a few different ones now, but I’ve done research and found one I think I’ll like. I gave mom the number for me.”

Mom nodded, “I’m calling tomorrow.”

“That’s great,” Aunt Demi agreed. “It’s helped me to have that extra person to help me along.”

“You go to meetings too right?” I asked.

She nodded, “I go to AA meetings and meetings for people with depression and other mental disorders. It really helps talking to people who know what you’re going through. I’ll give you the details.”

“Thanks,” I smiled, “because I’d like to go to some of those too.”

“Me too,” Anna agreed. “It sounds better than just our small group of people at the sober living house.”