Chapter 36: Work of Art

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go For the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 36: Work of Art

Come on let's write a song
A little poetry
Take a photograph
Let's make some memories
You can make it anything
That you want it to be
If you follow your heart
Life is a work of art.

            I was so excited about my parents’ anniversary party. Every time my mom left the house to do something he went to the studio to practice his song. She still has no idea there’s a party for them. Aunt Demi took her out the day of the party. I was in my room working on a new design. Dad told me I had another half hour before he needed help decorating. I threw away the current piece of paper and started over with my design. I’m too picky for this. I restarted the design I’ve been thinking about. A few minutes later I felt a pair of hands on my waist, making me jump. I turned my head and Max kissed me.

“I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“It’s okay,” I smiled, “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to surprise you. Practice ended early.”

“Then hi!”

He chuckled and kissed me again, “Hi. What are you working on?”

“A new design because it was on my mind. What do you think?”

“It’s good.”

“You think so?”

“Definitely.”

“Aunt Maria said I don’t have to turn another design in for a while and I could have the break, but I can’t help it. When a design is on my mind I need to draw it.”

“Drawing on your free time is different from a job though. This way you don’t feel forced.”

“That’s true. I’m finished now so we can do something.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “I can do the finishing touches later.”

“What do you want to do?”

“Hang on,” I told him walking over to my door. I looked into the hallway to make sure nobody was there before closing and locking my bedroom door. Then I turned back to Max and put my arms around his neck.

“What are you doing?” he grinned.

I replied, “Do you realize how hard it is to get privacy in a house with so many people living here? All day I’ve had people coming and going from my room. So the last thing I want is someone walking in here right now.”

“Why? Are you planning on doing something?”

“Maybe,” I smiled, “Are you?”

He nodded, “And it goes something like this.”

            He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him as he kissed me. My lips moved with his soft lips as the kiss deepened. I can get used to this. I tangled my fingers in his hair as I felt his hands move to my back. I could still smell his cologne on his clothes. I think it’s my new favorite smell. His lips pulled away from mine and moved from my cheek and down to my neck. We should stop. I know we should, but it feels so good that I don’t want to. He moved back up to my lips once more before pulling away. We were both out of breath.