Chapter 10: Together

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 10: Together

Remember hearts, remember unity

Remember laughing neighbours

Without expecting favours

Why be afraid to make an honest mistake?

If you acknowledge the pain

And you wanna change,

You can get through anything.

“I’ve barely seen you all week,” I walked into our room as Anna spoke to me.

“Yeah sorry,” I shrugged.

“You’ve been going home a lot lately.”

“Yeah something really stuck with me after we had that movie night.”

“What was it?”

“I was cuddling on the couch with Dave and Mar and it really hit me that I haven’t been there for them. Lately everything has been about me. I know I have to focused on myself sometimes because I’ll just fall back into that dark hole if I don’t, but I have to be there for my siblings. I was in rehab for a year and they never got to see me. I couldn’t talk to them, hang out with them, play games with them, or watch movies with them. I’m finally out of rehab but I’m in a sober living house and still haven’t spent time with them. I need to be there for them. They seemed so peaceful, carefree, and happy that I was there. I want to help Maria do her hair, I want to dress up with her, and play with her. I want to help Dave with his homework, play video games with him, and let him know that he can always talk to me. I don’t want to be the sister that was never there.”

“I can understand that. It would be hard for me to handle that.”

I nodded, “I’ve spent as much time with them as I could this week. I think I have dozens of pictures with them on my phone. My mom does too. We went picture crazy. Mom even framed one because Maria wanted it in her room.”

Anna smiled, “That’s cute.”

“You’re not mad are you? We can still have best friend time?”

“I’m not mad. We still have to figure out how to balance things. Lately we’ve been with each other 24/7 or not at all. Everything takes time.”

“Thanks for understanding. You spent time with your grandparents right?”

“A lot actually. They seemed happy to have me around too. They even helped me with some of my school work. I brought some cookies for us from there actually. She made enough for everybody in the house.”

“Aww that’s so sweet.”

She nodded, “Are you ready for the vacation by the way? We are leaving tomorrow.”

“I think so, I’m all packed. My parents and your grandparents worked everything out with the house.”

“How long have we been here now?”

“Five or six months I think… I don’t know. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. Why?”

“I’ve been thinking about moving back home. I know people usually stay here longer, but I really want to get back to school and start having a life again.”