Chapter 8: Fire Starter

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 8: Fire Starter

I'm a fire starter

Make your blood run faster

I melt hearts like water

Yeah yeah oh whoa yeah yeah, oh oh

I'm a fire starter, I'm a sweet disaster.

            I went head fire into designing again. Every spare second I had was used to sketch. I brought over my drawing things from home and set up a desk on my side of the room. I’m a little rusty from all the time I’ve spent away from drawing, but the time away has given me a new inspiration. I started texting and calling Maria regularly to ask her about a name for my line, and thanks to my mom and aunt’s suggestions we came up with a great name. My first clothing line is going to be called Emit Strength by DM. Maria thought it would be better to use my initials at the end rather than to spell out my full name because it is so long. The only other thing Maria tells me is to design everything that comes to my mind. She says it’s good to not have a specific theme in mind because we can sort that out later.

My thoughts were interrupted by Anna walking in, “How is it going?”

“I have five designs I love so far and two designs that I think are okay.”

Anna looked over my shoulder at the designs, “I really like those two on the right.”

“Those are the ones I’m not sure about.”

“Really? They’re great.”

“They’re just not my style, but I guess it isn’t about my style.”

“I’m sure it came to your mind for a reason.”

I smiled, “I was thinking about your style actually. Our styles are so different from each other. The five designs I love are outfits I would wear every day if I could and –“

“The other two are ones I would wear,” Anna finished. “Maybe you’re just figuring out what he line is going to be about. Maria did say to draw everything that comes to your head.”

“That’s why I finished it. I’m still not sure what I’m trying to say with this line; I think it’s because I don’t even know who I am yet.”

“Come with me,” Anna told me.

“Why? I should be drawing.”

She smiled, “Trust me!”

“I don’t know.”

She rolled her eyes, “Am I your best friend or not? Get over here!”

I chuckled, “You’re bossy sometimes.”

She shrugged, “A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.”

            I stood up and followed her into the main living area. Bella was sitting on the couch reading a book. She never looked up from the book, and I know why. We just talked about it in group therapy yesterday; it helps her stay distracted from her drug urges by getting completely submerged into a story. Anna sat on the other side of the couch and I followed. She pulled out a few pictures from her pocket and showed them to me.