Chapter 1: Can't Back Down

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: Sorry it has taken me so long but I literally JUST finished writing it and I wanted to post it immediately! Let me know your thoughts by voting and commenting! 

and follow me on twitter too and send me questions to answer through my blog!!

okay enjoy! <3

Chapter 1: Can’t Back Down

-        Demetria’s Point of View-

We can't back down
There's too much at stake
This is serious
Don't walk away

We can't pretend it's not happening
In our own backyard
Our own home plate
We've been called out.

            This isn’t happening. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I shouldn’t have gone to that part of town; I knew they hung out and live in that area. I should have known they would try to get back at me. Now Anna has to pay for my mistake. I don’t care about what’s happening to me, but I care about what’s happening to her. She just got out of rehab. She’s supposed to be figuring out what her next step is not in a hospital fighting for her life. My parents have barely left the hospital since I got here. They’re always at my bed side, in the hall talking to my doctor, or in Anna’s room checking up on her. I haven’t talked to her grandparents yet either. I’m scared to talk to them. Mom and dad keep telling me that they’re not mad, but how can they not be? Their granddaughter is in the hospital fighting for her life because of me. Mom and dad walked back in the room and dad let mom sit in the one chair that was next to my bed.

“Please tell me she’s going to be okay,” I said to them. “I don’t want to be the reason she dies.”

“She’s a fighter,” mom said, “She’ll push through it. She’ll be okay.”

I nodded and took a breath, “I can’t believe I did this.”

“YOU didn’t do it,” Mom said, “Those people did. They’re the ones that hit you not the other way around. The police say drugs and alcohol were all involved in the crash.”

“They would have hit me even if they weren’t drunk and high,” I said.

“The point is, no part of it was your fault,” dad said. “You were driving; you had no idea they would be there.”