Chapter 50: Nightingale

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: First of all I didn't realize I had so many chapters left to post on this story. I have so much to do before school starts and my brain is going in a million different directions. Nevertheless, even though I'm busy I will still finish posting this story before next week. This is the last week of this series. I am sad to see it go because I have fallen in love with these characters, but I have more plans for Kayla Dane. ;) 

Chapter 50: Nightingale

Somebody speak to me
Cause I'm feeling like hell
Need you to answer me
I'm overwhelmed
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I need a star to follow.

            Anna didn’t eat the next day and it made me worried. Mom sent the therapist to talk to her for an hour. Anna wanted answers and I knew she would never go out of the way to ask Nicole for them. She’s too hurt to face Nicole. I took matters into my own hands. I walked outside away from the arena and the bus and called Nicole on my phone. Surprisingly, she picked up.

“What do you want?” she asked as she picked up.

“I want to know why you broke up with Anna.”

“That’s none of your –“

“Don’t you dare say that’s none of my business. Anna’s my best friend and she’s a wreck right now because she thinks you didn’t care enough to even try to make things work. Now I want the truth because Anna is never going to be able to move on without knowing why. Don’t you think she at least deserves that?”

I heard a sigh on the other end. “Fine,” she said, “I’ll tell you.”

“Did you even care about her?”

“Of course I did,” Nicole immediately replied, “I truly do but Anna and I always had a long distance relationship. We may have lived in the same town but we never had the same lives. I had school and she was homeschooled, I graduated and she had gigs, and I’m headed to college and she’s on tour. We were always apart.”

“So?”

“I met someone else. I started talking to someone at school that I had more in common with. At first we were just friends but I started to get deeper feelings. It’s easier with her because she’s not so far away like Anna was. Anna and I are so different and I was attracted to her, but she was always too far away. I can’t handle a long distance relationship.”

“It’s not the fact that you couldn’t handle a long distance relationship so don’t give me that bullshit excuse. The real reason is because you met someone else. If you really cared about Anna you would have been willing to handle the distance.”

“Okay so maybe it was because I met someone else, but I did care about Anna. My feelings for this new girl are just stronger and we have more in common. We’re even going to the same college.”

I shook my head, “I can’t believe this.”

“I didn’t mean to hurt her.”

“I can’t believe you cheated on her. She doesn’t deserve that.”