Chapter 28: U Got Nothin' On Me

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: Some of you have been waiting for this chapter. :) I find their relationship incredibly interesting and I happen to love Max as a character so trust me, he's not going anywhere. There are going to be many similarities between D and Max's relationship and Kayla and Dylan's relationship but there are also going to be many differences. You'll see D change drastically, but I believe it's in a good way. She will learn a lot and she will grow up a lot. 

I'm obsessed with writing this story and I cannot wait for you guys to read it! Let me know your thoughts and predictions in the comments! :)

Love you and stay strong. <3 <3 

Chapter 28: U Got Nothin’ On Me

Summer came you took me by surprise
The California sunshine in my eyes
Driving with the top down we sang along
To our favorite songs, nothing could go wrong

Laughing as we gazed under the moon
You kissed me and it never felt too soon
Hard to believe that anything could tear us apart.

            Max tried to make sure our first official date felt like a date the entire night. My bodyguard sat in the backseat because he said it wouldn’t seem like a date to have someone driving us around the whole night. My bodyguard kept his distance once we got to the fair so we could have a private conversation. People seemed to figure out we were on a date and wanted to be alone because not many people bothered us. Max tried some of the games first by stopping at the dart one.

“I’m going for the biggest prize,” he told me.

I laughed, “Me too. Although, I’ve never played this game.”

            We played three times and after the third try Max won a large prize. “Which one do you like the best?” he asked me.

I looked around, pointing to the teddy bear in the corner. The guy took it down for us and gave it to Max. Max immediately handed it to me, “For you.”

“Thank you,” I smiled widely.

            We continued through the fair, playing each game at least once. I ended up with a teddy bear, an elephant stuffed animal, and a necklace. When we were finished with games we went to the Ferris wheel last. He let me in first before sitting down next to me. As it jerked and the ride started I jumped a little and put my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around my shoulders and I relaxed a little.

“Are you having fun?” he asked me.

I nodded into his shoulder.

“It’s beautiful up here, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it is,” I smiled looking at the view we had from the top. “Thank you for today.”

“It was a good date?”

“Definitely, a great date.”

“Want to go on the pier after this?”

“Yes.”

            When the ride ended he held out his hand to help me so I could step down. As we started walking to the pier I noticed he tightened his grip on my hand instead of letting go. When we reached the pier we looked out at the water. The only thing we could see besides the water was the sun setting. It was beautiful.