Chapter 59: Kayla's Pregnancy

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: Thank you for suggesting to see this chapter because I had a blast writing it, I really did. I had never really thought about Kayla's pregnancy before. Dedicated to the person who commented on the story and asked to see this. Thanks galgurlavi :) Hope you enjoy it! 

Chapter 59: Kayla’s Pregnancy

-Kayla’s Point of View-

            After Dylan and I were married we spent most of our extra time working on our careers. Dylan went back to school because he promised his dad he would get his degree and find a career. I went back into music collaborating with as many artists as I could to broaden my horizons. A couple years later after my album release I went on tour and Dylan came with me because he had just graduated from college. Within those two years Demi got pregnant and had a daughter she named after me: Kayla. She’s the cutest baby ever too. She named me her god mother too. I had never been so happy about having a niece.

            I sat on the bed in the hotel room on the one day of rest before my next show. I’ve felt weird all day and I have no idea why. I’ve been getting sick for a couple days now. Dylan thought it was just the flu but I don’t think it is. It feels like there’s more to it than that. Demi walked in with a cup of tea.

“I thought it might help,” she told me.

I smiled, “Thanks.”

“I also brought something else. I don’t think you have the flu.”

“What is it then?” I asked.

“Kayla when was your last period?”

“My what –“ I stopped to think, “Oh my God. I can’t be. I’m not ready. I’m on tour I’m –“

“Kayla,” she handed me a bag, “Take the test first. We can deal with the rest later okay?”

I nodded, “Don’t tell anybody until I’ve taken the test.”

“I’ll stay right here,” she promised.

            I went into the bathroom and took both tests Demi got for me. We sat around in the hotel room waiting for them. To my surprise, but exactly what Demi suspected, I am pregnant.

“How am I going to handle this? What about my tour? This isn’t what I planned.”

“Kay, you can do this. You’re going to be a great mother. I know you and Dylan didn’t plan it to happen like this, but this is a good thing. You can still perform for a little while, but you’ll most likely have to cancel the second half of the tour.”

“Were you scared when you had Kayla?” I asked her.

She nodded, “I think it’s normal to be a little afraid but you’re the greatest person I know. Now you need to stop talking to me and go find your husband.”

I smiled and hugged her, “Thanks Dem.”

“You’re welcome,” she told me.

“Where is he?”

“Next door, I’ll send him over.”

            Demi went to get Dylan and he walked in the door a few minutes later. I’m usually not nervous talking to Dylan but I’m scared out of my mind right now. I have another person growing inside me. We’re going to be parents. I can’t just come out and say it can I?

“What’s wrong?” Dylan asked me, “Demi said you needed to talk to me.”

“I do,” I nodded.

“Are you still feeling sick?”

I shook my head, “Dylan it’s not the flu. I’m not sick.”

“What are you talking about?”

I took a deep breath, “I’m pregnant.”

“What?!”

I nodded, “I’m pregnant.”

“Are you sure?”

I nodded again, “I took two tests.”

“You’re pregnant,” he smiled and picked me up hugging me, “That’s great!”

“You’re happy?”

“Of course I’m happy, are you?”

“I’m more nervous than happy,” I admitted.

“I told you that you’re going to be a great mom there’s nothing to worry about. We’re going to get through this together, okay?”

I smiled and nodded, “Okay.”

“There’s something else isn’t there?”

“What about tour?”

“We can talk to your manager and figure it out. I’m sure you can tour a while longer before going on break.”

“I don’t want to go on break.”

“I know,” he put his hands on my arms rubbing them to comfort me, “but it’s best for the baby.”

I nodded, “I know. I love you.”

“I love you too,” he hugged me again. “I love you so much. We’re going to be parents.”

“We are,” I smiled, “We’re going to be a family.”

I pulled away to kiss him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I’m still scared out of my mind about having a child, but somehow Dylan always knows what to say to make me feel better.

“You are my family,” he told me, “and I cannot wait to have kids and spend my life with you and our children. You’ll always have me.”

I nodded, “Forever.”

“Forever,” he confirmed, “because you are my life.”

“You’re my life too,” I smiled.

He kissed my forehead and continued comforting me. Somehow I feel better about all this now. I’ve always wanted to get married and have a family but it seems so different now that it’s actually happening. I have Dylan though and that’s what matters. We’ll get through this together like we’ve gotten through everything else. We’re a family now. Everything changes.

The End!

What do you think? :)

I'm kind of sad that this series is over. I have been completely in love with this series while I've written it. Maybe you'll see Kayla Dane again soon ;)