Chapter 20: Made in the USA

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: I have had writer's block on this story for weeks, but I FINALLY had an inspiration which is the chapter. I now have a completely different vision of where I want this story to go. There are a few twists, turns, and cliff hangers up ahead. so let me know what you think! <3

Enjoy! :D 

Chapter 20: Made in the USA

No matter how far we go,

I want the whole world to know

I want you bad, and I won't have it any other way

No matter what the people say,

I know that we'll never break

'Cause our love was made, made in the USA.

            I met him the day I got my GED. Mom took me shopping when we finished to celebrate the fact that I finished school. We went to the mall and I told mom I would meet her back in the food court so she could get a few things while I stopped to get a smoothie. I stood in line at the smoothie shop and he came up to me. I thought it was because he recognized me, but I quickly realized he had no idea who I really was.

“Hey,” he smiled at me.

I smiled back, “Hi.”

“Can I ask you something?” he asked me.

“It is a picture or an autograph?”

“Do people usually ask you for those?”

I nodded.

He chuckled, “Well no, it’s neither one of those. You must be pretty popular if you get asked for autographs.”

            At first I thought it was planned. Maybe he paid children to come up to me. Maybe his friends were videotaping this to get a good laugh and lots of views on youtube. It has to be planned. Nobody comes up just to talk to me. They always want something out of it. Nevertheless, two little girls walked up to me with their mother before I could answer him.

“Do you mind?” the mother asked, holding up her phone.

I shook my head and smiled, “Of course not. I would love to.”

“Thank you so much! My daughters love you and I’m a huge fan of your mother.”

“Really?” I smiled. “I’m here with my mom actually. She’s meeting me here in a few minutes. You can stay if you want. I would be glad to take a picture of you with her.”

“That would be incredible!”

I put my arms around her daughters and smiled. Her mom took a few pictures and thanked me again. “There’s my mom,” I told them as mom approached us.

“Here, D,” mom said and handed me a bag.

“Thanks, mom these are a few fans I just met.”

“Hi,” mom smiled at all of them, “Do you want a picture?”

“You two are the sweetest,” the mother said, “Thank you so much for this. You didn’t have to.”