Chapter 51: Shouldn't Come Back

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 51: Shouldn’t Come Back

Maybe you shouldn't come back
Maybe you shouldn't come back to me
Tired of being so sad,
Tired of getting so mad, baby
Stop right now,
You'll only let me down, oh, oh
Maybe you shouldn't come back
Maybe you shouldn't come back to me.

            Before leaving for our photo shoot I went down to the hotel’s cafeteria to have breakfast with Anna. I need to make sure she’ll be okay before I leave. I also want to make sure she doesn’t go overboard and try to starve herself. We both picked up a light breakfast and sat down at one of the tables.

“How are you feeling?” I asked her, “Honestly.”

She shrugged, “Nicole tried to call me yesterday.”

“Did you pick up?”

She shook her head, “It’s weird because for the last couple days I’ve wanted her to call me so bad, but at the same time I thought about what you said. Your words flashed in my head when she called and I couldn’t answer. Would it really be good for me to talk to her? Would it be good for me to take her back if she called to apologize? I don’t think so. Why would I allow someone back into my life that’ll just destroy me? She won’t mean to because we did have a connection, but I’ve been depressed over her for days. Part of me believes once a cheater always a cheater and what’s to say that she won’t meet somewhere else if we started talking again.”

I smiled at her, “I’m proud of you.”

“Why? I feel like I’m falling apart.”

“I’m proud of you because you realized that. If she left you for meeting someone else then she wasn’t the right person for you. The right person wouldn’t do that. I think you did the right thing by not answering.”

“Hearing it come from her and getting answers from her would be nice don’t get me wrong, but getting the truth from my best friend is good too.”

I smiled, “That’s right.”

“I didn’t want to give her the chance to try to make me forgive her because I would forgive her in a second and I don’t want to.”

“It’s a new start,” I said, “and you can do this.”

She nodded, “I can. I don’t regret my relationship with her, but I do regret how it ended. I’ll move on though.”

“You’ll meet the right person someday. They’re probably right in front of you and you don’t even see it. Maybe you’ll meet that person while we’re on tour.”

“Maybe,” she smiled, “Thanks D.”

Alice came down a few minutes later and sat down with us, “What’s up guys?”

“We thought we’d have breakfast before I have to leave,” I replied.

“That’s right the photo shoot. Are you excited?”

I smiled, “Yes, I’ve talked to the photographer and he has some incredible ideas. He said it should only take a few weeks for him to send us the pictures then we can choose the ones we like to put on the invitations.”