Chapter 48: Hold Up

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: I meant to update sooner but the flu is going around and I think I am starting to catch it. 

Chapter 48: Hold Up

If the weapon is your love, I got my hands up
If you're gonna take me down, I surrender
I'll give you anything you want
Just don't leave me alone.

            I took the ring off the next morning and hid it in a few of my things. I need to wait until the right time to tell my family and Max agreed. I know they’ll understand but it’s always about the timing. We were still stuck on the bus the next day so we kept ourselves entertained with video games. We reached our destination half past noon and stopped to get fast food to quickly eat on the bus before some of them had to head into the venue to rehearse. An hour later Anna finished rehearsing so all three of us hung out on the couch. I need to start by telling Anna. She can give us good advice about this.

“Anna,” I said, “Max and I have to tell you something.”

“Yeah what’s up with you two today?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” Max replied.

“You two have been smiling way more than you usually do today. Something is clearly up so what is it?”

I smiled, “You can’t tell anybody.”

She rolled her eyes, “Say it.”

“I proposed,” Max finally said.

“What?!”

I nodded.

“You proposed?!”

Max nodded.

“Oh my God!” she screeched.

“Calm down!” I laughed, “You’re the first person I’ve told. We’re waiting until the right time to tell everybody.”

“This is so cool!”

“So you don’t think it’s too soon?”

“That is completely up to the both of you not me. I’m just excited. When’s the wedding? I’m the maid of honor right?”

I laughed and nodded, “Yes you’re the maid of honor but we haven’t chosen a date yet. We kind of want to tell everybody first.”

“Right,” she laughed, “This is so exciting!”

“Thanks.”

“How are you gonna tell your family?” she asked.

I shrugged, “I haven’t figured that out. Do you have any suggestions?”

She nodded, “Their rehearsal ends soon and we’ll all be back here with nothing to do for most of the night. Tell them you need to talk to everybody together. If you tell them sooner rather than later you won’t have time to worry about it. How are you going to tell your family Max?”

“I told them I was thinking about asking Demetria to marry me. They approved as soon as I told them. My mom even gave me the ring I gave her because it was my grandmother’s ring.”