Chapter 53: Something That We're Not

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 53: Something That We’re Not

I hear you're telling everyone you know
That I'm the one like you can’t let me go
And you just keep on blowing up my phone
Cause you never seem to know when you should stop
Don't introduce me to any of your friends
Delete my number, don't call me again
We had some fun, but now it's gonna end
But you always made it hard for me to stop
Now you always think we're something that we're not.

“So….” Anna started, “Nicole called me.”

“Really? What did she say?”

“Apparently she had time to think about it and wanted to call to talk about everything that happened.”

“How’d it go?”

“To be perfectly honest I think she’s full of crap. She said things didn’t work out with whoever she started seeing. My guess is that things ended and it made her think about what she gave up for that relationship. It made her think that maybe she shouldn’t have broken up with me. Anyway, she called apologizing and that she’s terribly sorry for what she did and she wants to make it up to me.”

“You’re not gonna do it are you?”

She shook her head, “I told her I don’t trust her and I can’t take back someone who cheated. She said we can start as friends and she can earn my trust again, but I told her I didn’t think it was a good idea. She hasn’t talked to me since we broke up. I haven’t heard anything about her in months so why now?”

“Anna I hate to tell you this because I usually don’t pay attention to social media, but I was on there the other day and I came across an article accidentally.”

“What was it?” she asked.

“An article about you and Nicole. They had a gif of you mentioning you have a girlfriend and candids of you hanging out with Nicole before you broke up. They know she was your girlfriend and that article linked to another one about your breakup. Paparazzi and the media are following Nicole for a statement because of your new fame. People everywhere are talking about your record deal and your new hit single and they’re making connections.”

“What kind of connections?”

“You post pictures with quotes of new songs to come on the album and they’re making connections with your relationship with Nicole. They want a statement from Nicole about her relationship with you and want to know why you broke up. Maybe that’s why Nicole called. People are looking down on her for breaking your heart.”

“How do they know she broke my heart?”

“Because they saw how happy you were when you admitted to having a girlfriend.”

She looked back up at me, “She only called for the attention didn’t she?”

I shrugged, “That’s for you to figure out.”

“Do you think I should call her?”

“I think you should have a serious talk with her. Maybe check social media first and see what Nicole’s seeing. If you know what she’s seeing from people about you two then maybe you’ll have an idea about what she’s thinking.”