Chapter 6: Without The Love

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

NOTE: Sorry it took me so long to write this chapter! I'm taking an online class and still getting used to my new schedule. But here's the chapter! Enjoy! And remember to vote and comment what you think and what you hope to see happen in the story! :) 

Chapter 6: Without The Love

This is the bend before the break

When we forget the harmony

This is how water colors fade

Into distant memories.

“What do you think of this place so far?” I asked Anna as we washed the dishes. Today we are assigned to wash all the dishes and take out the trash. We decided to do as much as we could in the morning so our work throughout the day would not be as bad.

Anna shrugged, “Everybody seems okay.”

“What do you hate the most?”

“Being forced to talk in group therapy,” she admitted, “because in rehab they didn’t force us to talk.”

“That’s true,” I sighed.

“What about you?”

“That our first impressions of everybody were totally off. Everyone was all nice during introductions and Lexi is nice to us, but that’s it. Everybody else it totally rude and has an attitude problem most of the time.”

“It’s probably because they’re in recovery too. We’re all stuck living in the same house trying to recover together. I’m sure a lot of arguments will break out while we are here.”

“I guess that’s true.”

“What’s the best part about being here so far?” Anna asked me.

I smiled, “That we actually have time to hang out. I thought being here was going to be like rehab all over again, but they give you a lot of freedom here. We have chores to do, but we can leave the house to do something as long as we sign out and tell them what we are doing. We can visit our families when we want to and our families can visit us. It’s like the next step up from rehab. We’re not completely free yet because we’re still being watched and made sure we stay in recovery, but we get a little freedom to test us to see if we’re ready to be on our own yet. I like that. I guess it’s what we needed.”

“I agree,” Anna said. “I like that too. I love being able to play music too because that’s the only reason I made it through rehab. It’s the only thing that helps keep me sane. I go crazy about food and calories if I don’t play music.”

I put started the dishwasher, “We’re finished. Want to go somewhere with me.”

“Sure,” she nodded, “Where?”

“I want to visit my parents and my aunt Demi.”

“Yeah, I’d love to.”

            We went to our room and I put on a sweatshirt while Anna changed her clothes. We both grabbed our cell phones and put them in our pockets. I wrote on the sign out sheet before going in to see Patricia.