Chapter 7: Falling Over Me

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 7: Falling Over Me

You're standing as a flower on the wall

The room is still but we're about to fall

And all the names that brought us here

Simply fade away.....

“Anna and I have been working on a song I started writing a long time ago,” I explained during our group therapy.

“Really? What is it about?” Betty asked.

“It’s about what I want to be,” I said. “There are so many people in my life that I look up to and I always will, but I want to be my own person. Anna and I perfected it.”

“It’s really good,” Anna added. “I think it explains both of us in a way because we all have people in our lives that we look up to, but at the same time we want to be our own person. We don’t want to copy or become the people who inspire us.”

“That’s a good point,” Paticia said, “Anybody else feel like this? Like you aspire to be like someone but you don’t actually want to be them?”

Bella raised her hand, “I’ve always been inspired by my mom because she worked so hard to be clean, but I really don’t want to be her. I realized I just wanted her strength.”

“Good, anyone else?”

Sienna raised her hand next, “I was always inspired by the celebrities I see in magazines because they could afford to buy everything they needed and they never had to struggle.”

“What made you realize you didn’t want to actually be one of them?” Betty asked her.

“They may have enough money so they don’t have to struggle, but I’m sure a lot of people use them to get something out of them. I don’t want to be like that. I just want to be successful.”

“Good,” Patricia said, “and one more.”

“I’ll go,” Grace said. “When I was a child I always thought I wanted to be my sister because she was skinny, fit, and lots of boys always waiting for her. I saw her in her room once crying and she told me it was because all of her friends made fun of her because of her new haircut. I guess I came to the realization that being popular and skinny isn’t all it’s meant to be. I didn’t want to be her anymore.”

“That’s good for today. Shall we go to the music room so Anna and Demetria can show us their song?”

Everyone nodded and we followed Patricia and Betty to the music room. I sat in a stool and Anna picked up a guitar and sat next to me.

“Ready?” I asked her.

She nodded, “I’m ready.”

She started playing and I waited until my turn to come in.

I wanna be,

A super woman like my mom.

I wanna be,

an inspiration like my aunt.

I wanna be,

my own combination me.