Chapter 13: So Far So Great

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 13: So Far So Great

So far so great, get with it

At least that's how I see it

Having a dream's just the beginning

So far so great, believe it

Can't take away this feeling

Taking a ride with chance to my side

Yeah, I can't wait.

“I owe you one for bringing me here,” Anna said.

I shook my head, “You don’t owe me anything. You’re my best friend so of course I wanted you to come along.”

“Yes but it’s a family vacation and I’m not family.”

“In case you didn’t notice, but not everybody that’s here is related by blood. Aunt Simone and Aunt Maria aren’t related to us in any way, but they’re here. Family isn’t about DNA. Family is about who’s always there for you. Family is about who you care about and who cares about you. That’s why you, Maria, Simone, Jack, Britney, and Kylie are here with us.”

“How long have you known them?”

“Mom was friends with Aunt Maria and Uncle Jack in high school. Mom met Simone in the short time she went to college. They were roommates.”

“Sissy!” Mar approached me on the beach.

“Hey sis,” I smiled and hugged her. “How are you?”

“Good,” she giggled. “Make a sand castle with me!”

“You got it,” I stood up.

“Come here,” she pulled me along the sand to find the perfect place to build a castle. “Here!” she finally said and I sat next to her in the sand.

            I miss moments like this. I wish I would have appreciated these moments sooner. I spent a half hour on the sand with Mar building a sand castle. When we were finished mom came over and took pictures. I sat Maria on my lap and kissed her cheek for a picture. In turn she hugged me for the last picture. Dave came over after for a few pictures with us too. I put my arm around him with Mar still on my lap. He hugged me from the side and mom took a few more pictures.

“That’s perfect,” mom smiled.

“Wanna do something?” I asked Dave.

“Yes,” he nodded.

“I’m gonna go play something with Dave okay?” I asked Mar. “Watch our sand castle for us okay?”

She nodded, “I’m gonna show Aunt Demi!”

I stood up with Dave, “What should we do?”

“Can you play watch with me?”

“Sure, let’s go out to the water for it though.”

“Okay.”

            We swam out to the water and I tossed him the football. I kind of feel bad for Dave because he does not have a lot of family members who are boys to hang out with. He does not have any boy cousins at all. I know he feels left out sometimes and I hate that. The rest of us are the best of friends because we have so much in common and it sucks that Dave doesn’t have anybody like that.