Chapter 5: Really Don't Care

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 5: Really Don’t Care

I'll walk right up to you and put one finger in the air

And make you understand, and make you understand

You had your chance, had your chance

But even if the stars and moon collide

I never want you back into my life

You can take your words and all your lies

Oh oh oh I really don't care.

“This is kind of a small room for both of us,” Anna told me.

I nodded in agreement, “It is but it’s our new home.”

“I’ve never had bunk beds before.”

I chuckled, “Me either. Which one do you want?”

“I’ve always wanted the top bunk,” she smiled.

“Take it,” I laughed.

“You sure?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Thanks.”

            Anna and I both healed and were released from the hospital. The hospital released me two days before Anna. I spent those two days at home packing my things. Then the hospital released Anna and I helped her pack her things too which wasn’t hard because most of it was still packed from getting out of rehab and moving to this neighborhood. Our families just dropped us off at the sober living house. They told us we have a few minutes to put our things in our room before going out to the living room for a meeting to introduce ourselves to everyone else living here. I have not led on how nervous I really am for this. The only people I’ve ever lived with are my parents and the people at rehab. Going to rehab made me angry, but I was also nervous because I had to stay with a bunch of strangers for a year. Now I’m living with a bunch of strangers again until I can get myself back on track. I really hope my family is right. This better be a good idea.

“Are you ready to go out there?” Anna asked me.

I nodded, “I think so. Let’s go meet everybody.”

We walked out to the living room and it seemed like everybody was already sitting around waiting for us. Anna and I took the last two seats on the couch. The two ladies in charge were sitting in chairs on opposites sides of the room from each other.

“I’m Patricia,” one of the ladies said, “and the other lady in charge here is Betty. We live here with all of you, but we each take different shifts to watch over you 24 hours a day. The rules of the house are posted in your rooms along with a schedule of the chores you are in charge of doing on a daily basis. We have group three times a week where we talk about how we are feeling and all of you have separate counseling times with our hired therapist once a week. We will also schedule a time for both of you to talk with us about your future and what you want to do with your lives.”

“What about school?” I asked.

“We have discussed that with your families and a teacher was hired to come in and educate you. There are books on your desks and your first homework assignments in the folders next to them. You can ask one of us if you need help with it or any of the ladies living here.”