Chapter 57: Warrior

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: Fair warning, this is the last official chapter of the story. That's right, last one. There are two bonus chapters I will post tomorrow but this is the last official chapter of the story. The bonus chapters are flashbacks. :) 

Remember to vote comment and share! Let me know what you have thought about this story and this series! I love hearing from all of you :D 

Chapter 57: Warrior

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again.

            I can’t believe the day is here. I’m getting married today. Everybody was up early and they gave me special instructions to stay upstairs because Max was getting ready downstairs. All the workers came early that morning to set up the decorations and everything we needed. I was relieved that we chose to have the wedding here otherwise we would be rushing to get to the venue. It took hours to get my dress on, hair done, and make-up done. Mom and Anna waited upstairs with me while everybody else went outside to get ready.

I took a deep breath, “It’s almost time isn’t it.”

Mom smiled, “Yes it is. Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “Just nervous.”

“I need to go check downstairs to see if they are ready. I’ll be back.”

“Okay.”

“You sure you’re okay?” Anna asked.

I nodded, “I can’t believe you haven’t tried to talk me out of this.”

“If it was the wrong decision I would, trust me, but this is the right thing to do.”

“Are you sure?”

She nodded, “As your best friend I can assure you this is the right decision. You love Max and he loves you. You both have your futures set and the determination to get there. You won’t lose.”

“You’re right, thanks Anna. Not just for this but for being my best friend. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have a friend like you, seriously. I’ve always had my family but I never had a group of friends or even one friend I could depend on. I didn’t even know what friendship was about until I met you.”

“Why are you telling me this now?” she asked.

“Because even though I’m getting married today you will forever be my best friend. You can come over to my apartment any time you need me and we will still hang out all the time because this is the greatest friendship to ever exist.”

She laughed, “This really is the greatest friendship to ever exist. I have to admit I was worried about how things would change, but you’re right. Nothing will change because we will always be best friends no matter what happens.”