Chapter 9: Stop the World

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 9: Stop the World

“You know, I really hate doing the dishes,” I told Bella.

“Have you ever had to dishes? Before coming here I mean.”

I shook my head, “Not really. My family is always so busy that eventually they hired someone to come in a few days a week to clean. My parents still tried to raise me normally though.”

“How is that normal at all?”

“Our housekeepers never came into our rooms. They handled the kitchen and all the main rooms, but never the bedrooms or the bathrooms. My parents always forced us to clean our own bedrooms and bathrooms. I realize a lot of people grew up cleaning the house and doing chores outside and my childhood was clearly very different, but I’m still a person. I still had chores to do around the house and I still had to go to school every day like everybody else. My parents made sure of it.”

“It sounds like being normal was very important to your parents.”

“It was,” I nodded, “It has always been important to my parents. They didn’t want me to grow up thinking I was already famous; they want me to work hard for my own career.”

“It’s great that they raised you like that. It saved you from being selfish and only caring about money. I do think you have an advantage though. I’m not arguing that you don’t work hard because I’m sure that you do, but people are more willing to give you a chance because of who your family is rather than giving a complete stranger a chance.”

“Yeah that’s probably true,” I agreed, “and it does help to have the family I do, but I don’t want any favors.”

“I think that’s one of the reasons I like you,” she admitted.

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t ask for favors. Ever since you got here you have really held your weight around here. You do everything you’re told, you go to all the meetings, and you visit your family on a regular basis. Most of us don’t even do half of that. You’re putting in more effort than most of us. We can tell you’re trying to put your life together.”

“I guess I keep forgetting I’m still only a teenager. There are a lot of positives to having celebrity parents, but there are also many drawbacks and one of them is having to grow up so fast. I grew up in front of the whole world, and I had to learn to act like an adult as soon as I reached my teen years. Stuff like that messes people up.”

“It does,” she agreed. “I think people that get to stay young longer have it the best.”

I smiled, “They get to smile, play games, and be oblivious to the world. I miss those days.”

“Me too,” she nodded.

“D?” Anna walked in the kitchen.

“Yeah?”

She held out my phone, “Your Aunt.”

I took the phone from her, “Hello?”

I heard Demi’s voice on the other line.