Chapter 46: Here We Go Again

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 46: Here We Go Again

So how did you get here under my skin
Swore that I'd never let you back in
Should've known better
Then trying to let you go
'Cause here we go go go again
Hard as I try I know I can't quit
Something about you is so addictive
We're fallin' together
You think that by now I'd know
'Cause here we go go go again.

            Max graduates high school today. To keep from causing any chaos I will be attending the ceremony with Max’s parents and Jim. Jim drove us to Max’s house just before we all had to leave for the ceremony. I knocked on Max’s bedroom door when I got there. He opened it quickly as he was buttoning up his dress shirt.

“Hi,” I smiled, “Are you excited?”

“More like nervous,” he kissed me. “How are you?”

I took a deep breath, “It’s my first time out since everything happened so I’m trying not to think about it.”

“You didn’t have to,” he said.

“Yes I did,” I told him, “Because I am not missing my boyfriend’s graduation ceremony. Besides it’s only for a few hours then I’ll be safely back inside.”

He smiled, “You’re the greatest. You’ll be with my parents and Jim if you need them.”

“I know, so I’ll be okay.”

“You’re staying at my house tonight right? My parents are having a dinner for me to congratulate me.”

I nodded, “I’ve already organized it with my parents.”

            We all traveled in the same vehicle to the high school. Max helped me out of the vehicle and held my hand. When it came time for us to separate he hugged me and kissed me quickly, “I’ll see you after.”

I smiled and nodded, “Good luck.”

I walked with his parents and Jim as we found a place to sit in the seats along the main aisle. I sat between his mom and Jim.

“He’s been so nervous for this,” his mom told me, “But we’re so proud.”

I agreed, “He was really nervous. It’s been a stressful couple of months.”

“It has,” she said, “I can’t wait to see him get his diploma.”

            Max walked with his best friend. It was a weird experience being at a graduation ceremony. I didn’t get a moment like this. I will never get a moment like this. Part of me is sad, but the other part of me is glad because I could feel eyes on me the entire time. Some kept making it look like they were filming the graduation, but purposely added me in the shot. Others didn’t care whether I noticed them taking pictures of videotaping me. Shouldn’t they know I’m here to see someone graduate? Shouldn’t they know I want my privacy? After that article I wrote and after everything my mom said in her interviews you would think everybody would know to give me my privacy. Some people never give up. I cheered with his parents when they announced his name and he received his diploma. When the ceremony was over Jim escorted me quickly to the car before anybody could approach me. As my first time out of the house I don’t want to talk to anybody besides Max and his family. I’m not ready to face people yet. I saw Max walking towards the car and I jumped out as soon as I saw him. He grinned at me and I jumped into his arms.