Chapter 11: My Love is Like A Star

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 11: My Love is Like A Star

My love's like a star, yeah
You can't always see me
But you know that I'm always there
When you see one shining
Take it as mine and remember I'm always near
If you see a comet, baby, I'm on it
Making my way back home
Just follow the glow, yeah
It won't be long just know that you're not alone.

“Hi Aunt Demi,” I hugged her. “Thanks for organizing all of this.”

“You are very welcome,” she smiled. “I think we all needed it.”

“I think you’re right. I don’t remember the last time we had a vacation.”

“That’s exactly why we needed it.”

I put my bag away and sat between my sister and Anna on the plane. Luckily we are using a private jet because my entire family in a crowded airport or plane would be chaos. I put my arm around Maria and looked out the window with her.

“It’s pretty,” she told me.

“It is,” I smiled. “Are you excited?”

“Yes,” she giggled. “Will you build a sandcastle with me?”

“We will build the best sandcastle ever.”

“Will Aunt Demi, Aunt Simone, and Aunt Maria help too?”

“I’m sure they will.”

            Maria calls Simone and Maria her aunt because we have known her for so long. Whenever she and Maria are in the same place we call my sister Mar to keep things from getting too confusing. We do the same with my mom and my cousin Kayla. My cousin gets called Kay and my mom is Kayla. My cousin Simone likes being called Sim so we just call Aunt Simone by her name. My brother David gets called Dave and Uncle David is David when they are in the same place. Leave it to my mom and Aunt Demi to name their children after each other. I guess after their past and how much they helped each other it makes sense to want to name your children after each other.

“Hey Demetria,” Anna called.

“Yeah?”

“Do you think we’ll be able to go into town while we’re on vacation?”

I shrugged, “It might be tricky but we could get away with it I think. Why?”

“Because I need to meet new people and this vacation is the perfect way to start. Maybe there will be cute guys here or something.”

“You’re free to but I would need permission. Too many people might recognize me and my family didn’t want to bring bodyguards with us because it’s supposed to be a relaxing family vacation.”

She nodded.

I smiled, “If you want to sneak out one night though I would be okay with going. I could disguise myself enough at night to not be recognized.”

She smiled back, “Thanks.”

“D?” Maria called my attention back to her.

“What’s up Mar?”