Chapter 43: Lightweight

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 43: Lightweight

Feelings I’ve never known
They mean everything
And leave me no choice

Light on my heart, light on my feet
Light in your eyes I can’t even speak
Do you even know how you make me weak

I’m a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I’m blown away
You’re in control of my heart.

            The hospital sent me home the next day. My family scheduled me to leave at night to avoid as many paparazzi as possible. They still haven’t told me what the media has been saying about me since I was kidnapped. They probably don’t think I’m ready to hear it, and I’m probably not. Maybe when I start healing emotionally I will handle whatever rumors are going around about me. Dad helped me up to my room and I fell asleep immediately. I stayed in my room most of the next day. Alice came in to check on me and Anna came over for a few hours and we talked. Towards lunch time dad came in and he handed me my phone back.

“I don’t know if I want it,” I told him.

He smiled, “Then stay away from social media. The phone is for your friends and family.”

“You’re right,” I smiled, “Thanks dad.”

“Your contacts are still there, but I changed your number again just in case.”

“Good idea, I didn’t even think of that.”

“We’ll be downstairs making lunch.”

“I’ll be down in a few minutes I want to wash my face first.”

            I went to the bathroom and quickly washed my face before staring at myself in the mirror. I’m pale, more than usual. There are dark bags under my eyes and my hair is a mess. I quickly pulled my hair back into a messy bun. Good thing I’m not leaving the house anytime soon. I put my favorite hoodie on and went to the kitchen where dad finished making our sandwiches.

“Where’s mom?”

“She had an interview. I figured we could watch it while we ate.”

“Sure,” I nodded.

Alice walked in, “Is it done?”

Dad gave her a sandwich.

“Thanks,” she smiled.

I took my plate from the counter and followed them into the living room. I don’t know if I’m ready to hear this because I know I know they’re going to ask about me, but my therapist told me to spend time with family and that’s what I’m doing. I watched as they introduced mom and sat down waiting for their questions.

“You announced not too long ago that you wanted to go on a break. Tell us a little about this break because your family is all over media sites. There are rumors of tours, hospital visits, and family feuds.”

Mom nodded, “The only priority I have right now is my family. I felt like they needed me right now so I need to prioritize things so they come first.”