Chapter 35: For The Love Of A Daughter

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 35: For The Love Of A Daughter

Oh, father, please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father, please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter.

            On the plane ride home Max and I decide to play a game of 20 questions to get to know each other even more. We figured it would help pass the time.

“Biggest fear?” he asked me.

“Spiders,” I answered, “Embarrassing moment?”

“Ripped my pants in middle school and the school’s lost and found didn’t have anything else I could wear.”

I laughed, “Seriously?”

He nodded and laughed with me, “I had to walk around in ripped pants all day. All the teachers did was put pins where it ripped, but everybody could tell I ripped them.”

I laughed even more.

“My turn,” he smiled, “Craziest thing you’ve ever done?”

“When I started getting deep into drugs and alcohol I would go out partying every weekend. My friends and I would have competitions to see what we could do while we were drunk and high. Sometimes they were stupid things like a jumping jack contest and other times they were dangerous things like jumping out of a window. One time my friend and I were so drunk and so high that we decided we were going to jump out of the window. It wasn’t a really high window or anything, but it was high enough that we could get seriously hurt. We didn’t notice any of this at the time though of course. Anyway, we wanted to see who could land it. Needless to say, I lost. I jumped out of the window and landed on my side. I had a bruise the size of a softball on my side for weeks. I didn’t go to the doctor or anything because I couldn’t have my family knowing what I did. I’m sure it was probably more serious than just a bruise, but it healed eventually.”

“Wow, didn’t expect that.”

I shrugged, “My turn. Who are you closest to in your life? Out of your friends and your family, who have you always been closest to?”

“That’s a tough one but probably my best friend Oliver because I’ve known him my whole life. We met as kids because our families lived near each other. I can trust him with anything. What was your first impression of me?”

I smiled, “Honestly? At first I was confused. I thought you were probably talking to me as a joke and you had to know who I was. You were cute though. I was immediately attracted to you. I loved your eyes and your smile. What was your first impression of me?”

“I was staring at you as I was sitting at the table with my friends and I couldn’t take my eyes off you because you’re so beautiful. I liked your eyes, your smile, your hair, and your body to be honest.”

“My body?”

He nodded and he cheeks turned a pink color, “You’re in shape. It’s one of the first things I noticed. I’m an athlete so I like girls that care about exercise and health as much as I do. You looked like you had everything together. Your smile lit up the whole room.”