Chapter 56: That's How You Know

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 56: That’s How You Know

Everybody wants to live happily ever after
Everybody wants to know that your love is true.

Aunt Demi walked into the house, “All the boys out! Right now! I’m not going to say it again.”

I walked down the stairs laughing, “Aunt Demi they have another five minutes.”

“Now anymore,” she laughed. “Are all the girls here?”

I nodded, “They’ve been here for most of the day.”

“Good.”

Dad walked down the stairs, “We’re going. Bye D.”

“Bye,” I hugged him, “Love you Dad.”

“I love you too. We’re going to pick Max up then head to David’s house.”

            Dave followed closely behind dad and Aunt Demi led me to the game room where the rest of the girls were already wrapped up in a game of pac man. We waited five minutes then Aunt Demi told us that the party officially started. Anna and I went over to the ping pong table to play and everybody else went to play a different game in the room.

“Best two out of three?” I asked her before we started.

She nodded, “Definitely.”

We started playing and talked while we played.

“So did you decide on an interview?”

“Yeah,” She nodded, “Demi picked the best show to do an interview like that on and the team scheduled it for me. I’m doing it next week. They told me I should practice what I’m going to say.”

“Practice on me,” I offered.

“Really?”

“Why not?” I asked.

She shrugged, “True.”

“Okay, start: your ex recently went to the media about your relationship. What do you have to say about her interview?”

“First of all, I believe there are two sides to every story. I can’t completely reject everything she said in the interview, but that’s not the way I saw it.”

“How did you see the break-up then?”

“I never saw the break up coming. Yes we had different goals, but I am a believer in long distance relationships. I believe they can work if you’re willing to work at it. I had no doubt in what we had. I didn’t feel like her and I were starting to drift apart or anything. I never knew she felt that way.”

“How did the break up happen then if you were that surprised by it?”

“She called me and ended it while I was on tour. I didn’t understand it. She knew she was graduating and she knew I was going on tour so it’s not like that was a surprise to her. I knew the drifting apart excuse was just that: an excuse.”

“Were the reasons she gave in the interview true then?”

Anna shook her head, “They are not true. We did not break up because of the distance or because we were drifting apart. We broke up because she found somebody else.”