40

Quin

"Shit......" I looked at Kas, we were getting ready to head to the cabin and then to the campgrounds. The women liked staying on the campgrounds so much, they wanted to stay a lil while longer.

"What's wrong.....?" I put my tool bag on the bed. I was gonna fix a camera in the woods around the property, that had went out.

Kas let out a deep breath and put her phone down. "I forgot I had a treatment scheduled for today and I just got a reminder......" I looked at my watch.

8:15.....

The guys could go on ahead without us, I'd take Kas. She needed it and there was no excuse on dodging it......

"What time you gotta be there?" I asked her.

"10. I schedule them early, so I could sleep the rest of the day. It's a new medication, so I dunno how it's gonna make me feel....." She grabbed her phone. I picked mines up, sending a message to Dom and Q. I'll take Dom's Barracuda to the cabin after her treatment.

Me: y'all go ahead. Taking Kas 2 treatment

"Ok. Where you go for your treatments?" Kas looked at me carefully.

"You'll go with me.....?" I shrugged, why she asked me like that?

"Ain't that what your man posed to do......?" She gave me a soft smile.

"I never really had a man to be there like that for me. Except for my dad....." I walked up to Kas and cupped her cheek and kissed her softly.

"I wanna go with you. Now where go for your treatments?" I asked her quietly again....

"WVU cancer center....." She whispered. A look crossed Kas eyes.....

I rubbed her cheeks, "What's wrong.....?" I whispered. She shrugged, a bitter smile on her full lips. I caressed the corner of her lips, smoothing out the worry lines. I ain't like seeing her like this.

"I just hate the depressing feeling I get, when I go there. It's not cancer, but I feel like......I dunno. I just hate feeling like I'm a sick patient and just trying to stay alive....." Angie gave me some info about MS, but in reality Kas doctor knew her history better. If it was up to Kasmira, she was the only one who could let her doctor......speak to me about it.

"You said that it......" I got scared again......

"No......it's just, the process and the long time it takes to get the medication done and sometimes the side effects....."

"I'll be there with you." Kasmira smiled ruefully.

"And I appreciate it. I just don't want you to see me at my worst....." She whispered.

"Imma be here no matter what.....so lemme see you at your worst.....,.I know you not posed to be on medication, with an empty stomach. Let's go to Micky's and feed you....." I raised her hand to my lips. Mcdonald's was her breakfast place to go, the Mcgriddles was a must in the morning with her frappe.

"K.....but Tee gotta go with me too. She's the only one who can find a vein, she helps the nurses put the IV in."

"Ok.....can you have that many people with you? Dom ain't gon leave her side....." I looked back at my phone again.

BigBro: aight, we'll wait til you come back

Dom: Tee said she goin

"I can have two other people with me. But it's early Saturday, so I dunno. Lemme call the department and see if one more is cool....." Kas got on her phone and I watched her pace around.