15

Tee

"So Kasmira.....this MRI is showing that more lesions are forming. You had a flare up last night and when else?" Dr. Whitley asked.

"Couple weeks ago." Kas said quietly. She leaned her arm on the chair, her head followed on her hand. She looked exhausted, it was a mission just to get her over here.

Dr. Whitley let out a sigh, a grimace came on his face. "I admire your will not to let MS take you. Too much going on for you, isn't as healthy for you, too. You can't agitate yourself to where the stress you're causing your body, is helping in more lesions forming."

"Yeah....."

When Kas was first diagnosed.......they said it wasn't fatal. It could be treated, but there were gonna be bad days for her, too. Kas shouldn't be doing too much to stress herself. We read through the pamphlets, we saw how it could paralyze someone indefinitely, if medication and treatment wasn't followed. It could cause medical problems for her......I think my sister took MS as a slow death sentence.

"One of these lesions seem to be on a nerve around the optic area. How's your vision been lately?" Dr. Whitley showed us the picture, pointing at the small white circular lesions on Kas brain.

 Whitley showed us the picture, pointing at the small white circular lesions on Kas brain

"I been wearing my glasses lately. My left eye been giving me some problems." I looked at my sister, why she ain't tell us?

"So, what needs to be done.....?" My dad asked.

"We need to reassess and see if her visual acuity has changed. Measure her balance and how the motor function in her right arm has changed. The last two flare ups how bad have they felt?" Dr Whitley asked Kas. She yawned and gave him a lazy answer.

"Pressure been heavy, I feel like I can't really breathe." I watched Dr. Whitley write down some notes.

"Is there gonna be a change to her medication or what do we need to do?" Mom asked next to me. Kas sat in between mom and dad. Meredith on his other side and me right next to mom. Dr Whitley looked at mom and Yas.

"I'm thinking about another six month infusion treatment again. Last time it was 500mg of Solumedrol, but I'm going to move it to 1000 this time. This one right here, is the lesion I'm most worried about. I'm going to refer you to an opthalmologist to get a better reading in your eyes. We might need to adjust the medication in your lens and I'm also gonna refer you to a physical therapist. He can help you with exercises to help when your flare ups hit. His name is Ta'ron (tay-ron) Campbell. He specializes with MS patients."

"Another six months......" Mom whispered.

Gwendolyn Borden
(Kas & Tee real mother)

Gwendolyn Borden(Kas & Tee real mother)