Prologue

Dominic (Dom) Winters

Indiana, two and a half years after return from Osica

There is the mention of mild drug use and alcohol. This was a way of the three friends to forget the pain and memory of Osica.

Q= Quinton
Quin= Quinlan

You choose whose who for the twins, they're too identical to distinguish

"Dom, honey......why don't you come home? You've been back in the US two years now and you still haven't really been back home.....I miss you, your sister misses you.....your dad....."

My hand curled around my phone. I shut my eyes at the heavy worry in Mom's voice. It was the same thing since me and the twins came back from Osica. I didn't wanna go back home in West Virginia, I wasn't ready to face my parents, their expressions. Everybody....feeling the failure in myself, seeing that heavy dissapointment in dad's eyes......

I wasn't ready for it.......

"Mom......I dunno yet....I'm still tryna figure stuff out and I'm good right here....." It was the same basic answer I been giving her the last two years. Instead of going home to West Virginia, me and the twins settled in Indiana.

Away from our families.....

Away from the shame......

"Just know me and everyone else love you three so much. Nothing is your fau-"

"It is.....! Stop saying it isn't. I let them ge-" I stopped, shutting my eyes and taking in a deep breath and uncurling my hand. Ever since Osica, I was always mad and agitated. There was so much I could've done and I didn't.

No wai-!

Opening my eyes, I stared at my family's pictures on the kitchen wall. Angie with her wide smile, mom and dad behind her. Adila and Fareed, the twins parents. I felt that tight feeling build in my chest.

"We're so proud of you boys. We all knew that you had it in you and it brought on so much pride, respect to you three......"

"I'm sorry mom.....I....just can't right now......" I said quietly, opening the fridge.

You need a cigarette and a drink. Maybe a joint.....

Take it all away.......

"It's......it's ok baby......your dad transferred some money in your account. For the bills and stuff. The twins too, I talked to Adila this morning......" She mentioned the twins mom.

"Yeah......?"

"She misses them......"

"I know......" The fridge was empty, except for juice, beer and a couple old boxes of takeout.

"We can come and vis-"

"No mom.....I....it's just not a good time right now....." She let out another deep sigh.

"We're just worried about you three. I know you all haven't been eating." I looked in the empty fridge again.

The door opened and I watched the twins walk in the condo. Quinton half way drunk, Quinlan all the way high off weed. I dunno how much we smoked last night. Quinton had a brown bag in his arm, meaning they went out for another liquor run. My eyes moved to the coffee table where an empty pint of Hennessy sat. My chest started to beat in anticipation. The alcohol helped. It took the memories and pain away.