12

Dom

"Ay! My baby.....!" My grandma squealed. She came from the kitchen, waddling over to me at the front door.

"Abuela......" I cringed as she reached up to squeeze my cheeks. Q and Quin snickered and I gave them both, the evil eye.

"Ay cállate.....! My baby was in prisión. Oh your safe! Gracias a Dios.....!" (Shut up, prison, thank God)

"Anna.....it was jail. For one night. He wasn't doing ten to twenty." Pops looked at my grandma with a blank face. A piece of bread in his mouth.

 A piece of bread in his mouth

Anna Maria Rivera

"It doesn't matter. My babies are ok!" She looked at me and the twins.

"How you find out we were in jail?" Quin asked his dad and my pops.

"Arlin Wright....."

"Arlin.....that sound familiar." Q said, staring absently in space.

"That's dude that got the AA and NA class we was posed to go to." I said remembering we were supposed to be in class earlier.

"Yep. He called when he didn't see y'all. He said has a nephew whose in law and asked him to run your names." Pops looked at us.

I walked in the kitchen and greeted my mom, Adila and Angie. I shook hands with Fareed and clapped up with pops.

"That's the lil asshole who came in with some typa pressure." Quin said, pointing a finger at me.

"Who?" Angie asked smacking her lips from tasting something.

"The nephew dude got. He got some heavy pressure with Dom." Quin said.

Pops pulled me in for a hug, when I clapped him. "You alright.....?" He asked me in my ear.

"Yeah....." I pulled away nodding my head.

"Why didn't one of you call us before....?" Fareed asked, turning to us.

The three of us just shrugged. Grandma moved back in the kitchen with the ladies. I can smell the asopao de pollo, I actually was hungry.

"Toma...." (Take...)

Grandma handed all of us the small lil cups, filled with the pure caffeinated coffee. "Abuela......you should make a big pot of this before you leave." Quin said smacking his lips.

"Anytime, mi amor......" (My love)

Grandma giggled, the twins always be making her blush. All cuz they got the stupid eyes.

 All cuz they got the stupid eyes