10

Tee

I heard the voices outside the kennel. I could only figure it to be Quinton and his friend.....Dominic. I heard Kas hype attitude and Nina's quiet bubbly energy, along with them.

"Sh......it's okay mama......" I rubbed Maisy's side. She whined low, her breathing still labored........

Maisy's stomach was still swollen. The worms were pressing heavy on her lungs and since the fluid in her body got nowhere to go.......her stomach was the only space available. I ordered enough injections for another month. That would gimme enough time to save for another months batch after. I may be a vet......but school loans were a bitch right now. Reason why I'm living at my parents house.

Maisy let out a low rumble. I felt the presence behind me. I turned to see Quinton......another one of him and Dominic, with the ladies at the door. Quinton and his brother were identical, it was obvious. But if you pay real close attention.....a person can see the difference. Quinton was more serious and his brother had a lighter vibe.

"The ones with yellow eyes.....hi....." I smiled at the three of 'em.

"Hey Treasure.....this my brother Quinlan....." Quinton smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you....." His brother nodded at me. My eyes moved to Dominic. I didn't miss his attractiveness, I mean the man was sinfully gorgeous. What stood out the most to me, were his gorgeous hazel eyes.

Kas, Mischa and Tennessee came up to us, in the kennel, the two dogs consoling Maisy. The three of them became good friends, when Kas and Nina would bring both dogs in here before their walk. They were always playing with each other.

I watched Dominic quietly move deeper in the kennel, a low key curious look in his eyes. Maisy and Dominic both watched each other quietly. Kasmira was rubbing her fur, checking her stomach. Maisy growled again, but this time.......it was wasn't towards Dominic, though. Her eyes moved behind me and was probably looking at the twins.

"It's ok mama.......no one's gonna hurt you....." I murmured to her. She was distrustful of new people, but Maisy was really a sweet soul after getting to know her.

Maisy's eyes went back to Dominic and he got on his haunches. I scratched behind her ear and Dominic slowly pulled his hand out. Maisy closed her eyes and started rumbling low, when his hand touched her head softly.

I think she likes him.......

"Huh......that's weird. Maisy doesn't even let their dad come too close much." I heard Nina say. Kasmira looked back and smiled wide at Quinlan.

Interesting........

Kas was 24 and Quinlan looked like he was in his early 30's. Kasmira was always with guys her age, those who just wanted to enjoy life. Quinlan may look like a lighter carefree version of his brother......but there was pain as well......

He may not be like how he used to be. This was just a guess on my part. Kas turned back to me.

"I wanna get to know him......." I felt Dominic look in between us. I turned back to Maisy.

"Time......" I said quietly, Maisy moved her head under Dominic's hand and licked the side of his hand. Everything just needed time, if Quinlan was a returning vet.......then he too was going through his own personal battle. He needed to emotionally heal. Kas got up and dusted her knees.

"Let's go to the park. C'mon y'all....." She called for the other two dogs.

"Lock the doors and take the key with y'all. Flip the closed sign til y'all get back." I rubbed Maisy's neck. I needed to keep her as calm and quiet as possible. I didn't want the process to be heavy on her breathing. Dominic sat next to me. Maisy opened an eye to look at him.