39

Fareed

Before Dom walked out......

"Telling them that their family was not coming back, was the hardest shit to do. To know that all of them was my responsibility and three.....three of our best friends.....! To watch them being put in the ground.....their family in pain! Because we didn't bring them back! I didn't take care of them, like I always did! To see them the way they were, last.....that shit hurts!!!" Dom yelled, a panicked and anguish look in his eyes.

I sat there in shock, understanding and pain.....for all of them. Dila leaned forward, choked sobs escaping her. I held my wife's hand tight in my grip.

Dom got up pointing at himself. "I got them killed! Me!!" He shut his eyes, walking back and forth and pulling on his hair. Dr. Greenley stopped Treasure from moving. Leaning over, Dr. Greenley spoke to both her and Henry, softly.

"No.....Nico......" I heard Ana Maria whisper brokenly. Angie slowly moved next to Brandon, who pulled her in for a hug. She leaned her head against his chest, lips trembling with tears.

"It's all my fuckin fault.....!" Dom yelled to himself, still pacing back and forth......eyes shut.

"I can't....." Cassidy whispered with her own tears......

My eyes shifted to Quinlan, he turned pointing straight at Kasmira. I've seen how my son interacts with her, she was someone he was really interested in. His eyes were red rimmed with tears and a lost confusion in them.

"You know why I was so difficult in the beginning!?" I looked at Kasmira next to Dila, she gave my son a worried look.

"Because I can't go through it again! I lost the woman I loved and my baby.....I can't go through burying someone I care about. I can't let you leave me, too!" Quin screamed.

We've met Aleah through video chats and phone calls, since that was really the form of communication, when the guys were in service. Aleah was a very sweet woman, a bright spirit whom my son loved tremendously.....

When they came home, though.....without Aleah and the rest of the guys.......

It was a complete change in the three of them. Quinton who was always the most serious, became colder and more distant. Quinlan, who was the goofball troublemaker, was lost somewhere in his body. He held on to so much pain and with the loss he suffered from Aleah and his child's death, it hit him hard.

"No!! No!!" Quin started yelling. Adila choked on another cry, I stared at my sons. Each of them in their own separate pain, but equal nonetheless. Quin dropped to the ground, rocking himself. "I can't......I can't!!"

Loud cries escaped him, I looked at Quinton who silently rocked himself back and forth, staring at the ground.....lost in memory. Dom started mumbling in tears, Cassidy got up.

"Wait....." Henry stopped her, he watched his son in parental worry. He leaned and whispered something in her ear. Fat tear drops were falling and Cass bit her bottom lip, looking back at Dom.

Kas got up and walked up to Quin, softly touching his shoulder, he quickly and safely pulled her to him. They whispered to each other and Dr. Greenley encouraged Nina to go to Quinton.

Ana Maria cried in Abraham's shoulder and a worried look crossing his eyes at the three men. I heard Angie softly crying in Brandon's chest. Dom was still walking back and forth, mumbling to himself. Adila continued crying in between her legs, I stroked her back softly a mournful feeling building in my chest. The six of them were always together. Emmett, Kobe and Renegade met the twins and Dom at Westpoint. The six of them became like brothers. The three fallen had their own separate stories and that didn't matter to Dom and the twins. Their energy together was a true brotherhood.