28

Quin

"Nah bruh......I don't think y'all aight....." Brandon said quietly, watching Tee walk out. I looked at my best friend, the bruises were growing on his face. Dom drank the rest of his coffee and ignored Brandon. Taking his helmet, he walked to the door, pulling a shirt on.

"I'll see y'all lata." The door shut and it was only the six of us left.

"Ok....." Brandon drank his coffee. I know Dom got a lot of shit going on in his mind. That damn nightmare was proof.....

I happened to be coming upstairs, when I heard Tee yelling. I ran and banged on Nina's door, Q was staying in there and he'd be up. Running down the hall I heard doors open and my brother was right behind me. I heard Tee yelling out for Dom to wake up. I opened the door and saw her struggling, Dom holding her tight.

"Shit......" I ran around the bed and looked back at my brother, who was talking to Tee. She looked scared as fuck.

"Just let me pull, ok?"

"Hurry up!" Q looked at me.

"Go!"

"Yo! Dom!" I shoved him and got myself ready for his reaction. I added resistance, when he grabbed my wrist. I was about to stop his fist-

"Stop!"

Dom fell asleep, a nightmare was fucking with him and he had a reaction. He hadn't had one since we left Indiana and now one was fucking with him. He needed to fight. It was always like that for us, we fight the frustration off. Q uses the gym, since he's limited with his knee. The way we were fighting, it felt like Dom was letting some serious pressure off.

I heard the distant sound of the engine, Dom was gone. "He gon be aight?" Brandon asked, looking out the window.

"Yeah." Angie's said, scrambling the eggs.

"Lemme know when y'all ready to go in the city. I'll take y'all." I looked at Kas.

She had on some shorts and a tank, her silky hair now loose and bone straight, down her shoulders. I was tryna do something bout moving.....on. Imma be a man about it and admit that Kas fine as hell.....I'd be dumb as fuck to say I ain't think about her like that, a time or two.

I just felt......guilty. Even though Aleah didn't tell me, what she told Q.....I think I took it as barely a confirmation. It may be weird, but if Aleah had told me......my guilt wouldn't be as heavy.......

I see Kasmira. I like the vibe she got, that strength and beauty. That energy......

"Grieving and the process of moving on is something that's unique to each person. But make sure it's something you're really ready to try, before taking that step. Dating does give you the opportunity to open your heart to another person and the chance to experience the unique and exquisite joy that comes with falling in love again. Its something people shouldn't be afraid to try......."

Dr. Greenley was right and For Aleah.......and I think myself......I was willing to try and move on. Kasmira was really the only female that caught my attention, with just her vibe. I noticed other women, but majority of times.....it was just physical. I went almost three years without sex, Aleah was the last woman I was with. Kasmira though......she made me feel......

I dunno. I just wanted to try and maybe see about something with her. Now......I know I fucked up this last weekend and I dunno what's going on with her and dude. I ain't hear her say nothing bout him, but I'd still let her know that I was interested.