review #194: Wicked Games(Zayn Malik)

author: TheMockingjayPin

rating: PG-13

read it if: you tolerate abuse stories

plot:

Here's a story of a weak girl who is dependent on her famous boyfriend who does not love her, plus she forgives him on a constant because that is the only thing she knows as she grew up. He abuses her yet she stays with him out of fear and she has yet to learn of what her choices may become. But let’s see what happens and what comes of her life...

review:

Excuse my deepness in here, alright? Hehe

Story: Ok I gotta make a little bow to this story because this is one of the most realistic stories of abuse I’ve seen. It doesn’t taboo anything, the changes are in their right pace… It actually made me feel a lot of concern about abuse.

Only bad thing is the long chapters. They held so much detail and feelings that it felt I took ages reading this when it was only a week.

Grammar: Thumbs up

Characters: Just gotta say I love how they were made. The girl is a great representation of both types of abused girls: the type that is scared of running away because something worse could happen, and the type that slowly stops tolerating shit. And though yes she stayed till the end with him (sorry for the spoiler) you can sense she’s a stronger woman than she was at the start.

And I know the guy is a total dick and monster, but I love how the author played with his personality. Specially towards the end where he did made some positive changes but without the fairytale factor that he wouldn’t do it again (cause though he did learn to appreciate her there was times where huge deep breaths were needed to try to avoid going backwards)

note to author:

If you’re reading this, thanks for making this. At first I thought this would be crap since I don’t get along with abuse stories (and when I started I was kind of uninterested), but good thing it became a success in my eyes. I’ll give the credit of the goodness on the fact that the characters changed a lot but still kept some of their flaws (which is something that happens to all of us). In a final note, thanks for making Puerto Rico one of the settings for the story since it’s where I live hehe. Keep writing and take care ;)

Another one for the collection, hope you enjoyed this. Comment, share, vote, follow, read my fanfic reviews book vol.1, if you read teen fiction read my teen fiction reviews book, and if you have a story share it here or message me ;)