Brother Dear (Dream X Nightmare)

I don't ship em, but hey, it doesn't hurt if u try. And this story is like the beggining of Dreamtale, except with a twist so ye-
Have some fluff!

Requested by: @FallenStar256

_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_

Laughter and Happiness flowed at the ancient AU of DreamTale, monsters were enjoying life, spring was coming by which made the leaves of the sacred apple tree go to an array of green colours, shimmering amongst it's golden fruits and also dimmed from the gloomy dark apples as well, it was all imperfectly perfect and equally balanced. Peace and balance subsided. These fruits represent the harmony in the AU of DreamTale and the guardians of this very tree are the polor opposite twin skeletons Dream and Nightmare. They both guard the tree everyday, each would take care the other half of the tree. In Dreams side, the fruits would bear golden apples of light, similar to his soul. Whilst Nightmares side would grow into dark apples of glum and sorrow. But that is how the balance works in the AU of DreamTale

"COME ON NIGHTMARE!!!" Yelled the bright yellow skeleton of positive energy. A grumble was then followed from a rather down purple skeleton. "We always come here anyways here Dream. What's the rush?" Dream giggled and quickly climbed up the tree and lets down a swing from a branch. "Because-" Dream said as he jumped down with a perfect landing stance and sat on the swing. "I get to spend time with you brother dear!" Dream said with a smile, as Nightmare stiffened and blushed a hue of purple. Nightmare just puffed and sat down at the base of the tree near where Dream is swinging, as he reads a book about magic and monsters...and worms.

"I have no idea what you're trying to say Dream. We live together and take care of this very tree everyday. There's no time in this AU where you're not here with me." said Nightmare while he reads through his book. Dream hummed and gave a little sympathetic smile." You can't really hide one fact from me brother..." Nightmare tensed as he gave his brother a stern look. A group of monsters walked passed the sacred apple tree and waved of to Dream, greeting him nicely, while just ignoring Nightmare. Dream sat beside Nightmare and gave him a hug which confused Nightmare even more. His face burning from embarrassment in a more purple-ish glow.

"Whatever happens, I'll always be here with you! For you! For us! Because..... I love you brother!"
Exclaimed Dream, Nightmare just sat there and just hugged back in defeat. "But only if you promise to stay by me too. For us?" Dream said in a more sad tone, still hugging Nightmare. Nightmare sighed as he gave up. "I promise..."

The brothers bonded under the sacred apple tree till their duties of guarding was over. The sun has set and the two started to make their way back to their home.

*The next day*

"Dream. I'll be waiting by the tree alright?" Said Nightmare as he waved off to his brother who was in a small crowd of monsters. "Oh yes! I'll be there brother!" excalimed the yellow positive skeleboi. Nightmare made his way to the tree and sat down. While minding his own bussiness, someone threw a rock at Nightmares skull.

"Ow! That hurts! Who did that!?!" He exclaimed as a small group of monsters came up to the tree with more stones on hand.

"Why do you even bother guarding this tree?!"

"Yeah! All you do is spread more negative energy to the tree and the other monsters!"

"The tree would have always been gold if it weren't for your negative powers!"

"This AU will be much greater off without you! Dream could handle all of this better off without YOU!"

The monsters said towards Nightmare, as more tense and stress filled up the skeleton, wishing that he could have stayed with Dream a bit more.

"I bet he's more of a hassle to Dream than to us."

"Yeah. Dream could never say these to him just because he's his brother."

That's where Nightmare snapped.

"I CAN TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING HERE! I AM HERE TO KEEP BALANCE OF THIS VERY AU! YOU IMBASSILES! I CAN STILL GUARD THIS TREE EVEN WITHOUT DREAM!" Nightmare said as he reached for the nearest golden apple. "I'll show th-" before Nightmare could even finish his own thoughts, they were cut of by a horrible vision. The golden apple immediately turned goopy and dark once into contact from his bony hands.

"W....what...? No.no...no...no...!no!no!no!no!"
Nightnare thought as he tries to reach more golden apples. As this went in the AU sky becomes even more dark and gloomy.

"huh?....oh no! Nightmare!" said Dream as he runs towards the tree.

"Hey he's ruing the tree! Stop him!" The monsters said as they throw rocks at Nightmare who has unintentionally made all of the golden apples gloomy and dark... All but one more golden apple, which lies atop of the tree, and very high up.

Nightmare began to cry. Him still getting thrown rocks at, he held one negative apple, didn't even asked for a second opinion or hesitation at all to eat the dark apple.

"NIGHTMARE!" as Dream arrived at the tree, he was in a state of shock that all of the Golden apples but one were all gone and dark. But what was even more shocking were pools of dust from monsters and a goopy slimy octopus like monster in front of him. ".... Ni....nightmare...?" Dream asked shakily as the monster looked at Dream and laughed.

"Wow. All of my hatred were blocked out by these 'feelings' heh. Who needs positive energy when you have power?" the Goopy monster said as dark tentacles shot out from his back and took a hold of Dream.

"B...b-brother! S-s....stop! Thi-this isn't y-you!" said Dream as he suffocates from Nightmare's grasp.

"RELEASE DREAM MONST-"
Just before the monster could even finish his sentence he instantly turned to dust. Dream gagged at the horrible scene while Nightmare just chuckled.

"tsk tsk tsk. Of course this is still me brother dear~ except my old self just seems to block out all his anger and hatred towards everyone else here.... Including you~"

Dream was shoked yet confused, until he felt that he was becoming paralyzed, and even worst to stone.

"I envied you brother. Everyone in this very AU thinks that you're always that hero that would save them, and they think nothing of me... Why? Because I'm your polar opposite! I spread negativity which made them hate me! And you expect me to be okay with my powers like that!? If I my powers are what meaningful to me, then why not just take advantage over it?"

With that Nightmare fully turned Dream to stone. He released his tentacle grip and put him gently onto the ground. The stone statue of Dream had tears and a sympathetic look, which made Nightmare flinch a bit. He growled, his tentacles went haywire and the AUs aura turned dark and gloomy. He instantly killed all the monsters left. Now all that's left was the imprisoned stone figure of Dream and the rotting tree with one golden apple left up the top.
"I'll only leave that because part of me still has a bit of mercy for you....... Dear... brother...." Nightmare thought as he left the AU, leaving the poor stoned Dream.

*So many Years later, Dream was was able to break out of his stone prison, taking the only apple left and planted it's remaining seeds into the grounds of what remains of his destroyed AU. Dream found his brother's crown and started to cry. He wants his brother back, he wants to save him. So he's just gonna do just that. He tries to find clues to find his brother to bring him back and to save him from his awful state.*

For millennia. Dream is still trying to bring his brother back. He did for a few couple of times, but Nightmare would still be able to flee. Of course Dream not only did this on his own, but with the trusty help of his new found friends Blue and Ink. Not just helping along in the multiverse and Dream won't give up saving his brother. It dawned on him. Whenever Dream would get the moment to actually confront Nightmare in a battle, and whenever Dream coughs out blood from the brutal injuries he would get, Nightmare would suddenly flinch, scoffs and flee the battle. And Dream wouldn’t be able to run after him since he got injured badly.

*present time*

“Dr-dream! B….b-lue! It’s them!” said Ink as he vomited blood all over the doodle sphere as Blue pats his back, and Dream preparing a portal to leave. Ink would vomit a few ounces of ink, and worst along with blood, whenever one of the Aus in the multiverse are being destroyed. “I-I’m okay! Let’s g-get goingggg!” Ink said as he sprinted out to Dream’s portal. Blue chuckled, “B-be careful Ink!” he yelled, as he walked as well.

“I will SAVE you brother. No matter how long it’ll take… no matter what else happens… because… I love you…. My dear brother...”

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--____

Oki. Imma end it here. I tried my best, my writers block got go me, completely blank ideas and I gotta say. I didn’t understand a thing I wrote. Lmao

Sorry if there are any mistakes!

I hope ya’ll enjoyed it anyways!

Word count: 1600