Chapter 134: Funeral

BRANDON'S POV

*One Week Later*

My dad has been a wreck so my sisters and I planned the funeral. This is the first time my dad has been out of the room that we let him stay in. He's so heart broken, it's so sad.

"I can't believe this happened." Blade said, hugging me.

"I know."

"How's dad?"

"Bad." I said, gesturing to my dad who was sitting in the front pew of the church. Blade and I walked up to him. He was sitting, staring blank face at my mom's coffin. There were a few tears rolling down his cheeks but he had sunglasses on since he looked like a mess.

"Dad, how are you doing?" Blade asked, sitting next to him. He didnt answer, just stayed in his same position.

"How do you think he's doing." I asked Blade.

"Right." She said.

"I love you dad." She said, hugging him. He didn't move. "Brandon, are you sure he's okay?" 

"He's depressed, Blade. There's a reason he's staying at my house. Don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on him. If he didn't stay with me this last week, there would be two coffins up there."

"Don't say that." Blade said, hitting me.

"You know I'm right Blade."

"No you're fucking not! Don't say that!"

"Will both of you just stop fighting for a fucking second?" My dad yelled. "God, you're at your mother's funeral and you're still fighting? You know she hated when you two fought!" My dad exclaimed.

"Sorry." We said. My dad sighed and leaned back. He took off his sunglasses and rubbed his eyes.

"God, this can't be happening." He said, leaning forward and putting his head in his hands.

"It's life, dad." I said, sitting next to him, putitng my arm around his shoulders.

"That's doesn't help, asshole." Blade said, sitting on the other side of my dad, wrapping her arm around his waist.

"It was her time, at least she's not in pain anymore." Blade said.

"Why did it happen to her, though? She was the nicest fucking person that I knew and she had to fucking suffer. I'm the asshole, why didn't I go first? God, I fucking hate her dad."

"Dad." I sighed.

"I;m fine." He said, wiping his face. "I really am, it's okay."

"Dad, it's not good to hold things in." I said.

"Don't give me your therapist shit, I'm fucking fine. It's the circle of life. I'll be fine, I promise."

ANDY'S POV

"I'd like to ask her husband, Andy Biersack to come say a few words." The pastor said. I stood up and walked up to the podium. I glanced at Harley's coffin before looking out at everyone. I took off my sunglasses, despite how red and tired my eyes looked.

I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Now, forgive me if I break down, but I'd like to take a moment to speak about my wife. I found her when she needed love the most, and we fell quickly for each other. She went through hell and back about five times and I admire her that each time, she came out stronger than before. She had a shitty childhood and it followed her into adulthood. I fought for her to be mine, and won, even though I had to fight a few more times after that. I was not letting go. But now I guess I have to. We took vows at our wedding, until death do us part. I never imagined it until now. Death isn't even going to seperate us. I wil never love another woman like I loved Harley." I said, a few tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I was blessed to have three wonderful children with her. From those three children, we got eight grandchildren and one great grandchild. Harley loved kids and was able to do what she wanted to do most, meet her first great grandchild. She was able to watch our first granddaughter get married and see our three oldest grandchildren graduate high school. She was an amazing woman and I will never forget her." I kissed her coffin before going to sit down.

BRANDON'S POV

The funeral finished up and we all went over to the burial site. We stood around and heard a few final words before her coffin was lowered into the ground. I know my dad wanted to jump on top of that coffin and be burried with her, but he held himself back.

We finished the ceremony and all went home. My dad went up to his room and stayed in there for the rest of the day. I don't blame him.

*****************************************************************************************

Listening to Teardrops On My Guitar~ Taylor Swift

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER