Chapter 141

Chapter 141

DANIELLE'S POV

I gripped Casey's hand as I knocked on my parents' door. Today, we were going to tell them we were engaged, we were going to Casey's parents next.

"Danielle! Casey!" My mom exclaimed, hugging us both before letting us in.

"Hi mom." I smiled.

"Hi Mrs. Biersack." Casey said.

"What have I told you a million times Casey? Call me Alex!"

"Okay Alex." He chuckled.

"Is dad home?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"How's he doing?"

"He's spending all of his time worrying about your grandpa. Your grandpa is still taking this pretty hard."

"Well I can imagine."

"Yeah. Anyway, what's up?"

"Casey and I want to tell you guys something."

"Okay. Brandon! Casey and Danielle are here!" My mom called. "Why don't you two take a seat on the couch." She smiled. We walked over and sat on the couch. "Do you guys want anything? Food? water?"

"No, we're good." I said, squeezing Casey's hand.

"Okay." She said, sitting down on the opposite couch from us. My dad came down the stairs and into the living room, smiling at us.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." We said.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"We need to tell you something." I said.

"Okay." My dad said, sitting down next to my mom.

"We're getting married." I smiled.

"Really?" My mom asked and I nodded, showing her my ring. "Danielle! This is great!" My mom exclaimed, getting up and hugging me and then hugging Casey. "Congratulations, both of you." She said. She grabbed my hand and examined my ring.

"Oh Casey, this is beautiful." She said.

"Thanks Mrs. Bi-I mean, Alex."

"Forget Alex, call me mom." She said, hugging both of us again. "Brandon? Aren't you happy?"

"Dad?" I tried.

"Oh, yeah, congratulations, very happy for you." My dad said.

"Brandon!" My mom exclaimed.

"Sorry, I've just got a lot of things on my mind. I'm very happy for you two." He said, forcing a smile at us. I felt so bad for him.

"You can't just clear your mind for a second to be happy for your daughter, Brandon? Your last daughter to get married!"

"Alex, you don't understand what I'm going through."

"Still, you can't be happy for a second?"

"Fuck this, I'm not arguing with you. I'm happy for you two." He said and left.

"I'm sorry about him." My mom said.

"It's fine, I understand. I'll see you later." I said, hugging her. She hugged Chris and then we left.

BRANDON'S POV

It's been a week since we last saw my dad. Blade, Bailey and I all went over to spend some time with my dad. Since he refuses to stay with one of us, we want to be with him as much as we can so he doesn't feel alone.