Chapter 64: Breathe

Chapter 64: Breathe

CAMRYN'S POV

*One Month Later*

I got lazy. I would not even bother to smoke out of my bedroom window anymore. I would just smoke in my room and fan the smoke out of the window when I was done, spraying every inch of my room with febreeze. Sure, my parents are a lot more likely to find out, but all well.

BRANDON'S POV

"Hey Camryn, it's time for-FUCK!" I screamed, stepping out of her room coughing. My asthma has gotten so bad that even the stench is enough to send me over the edge. I walked back in and my heart dropped at the sight I saw.

Camryn, my daughter, was smoking.

"Dad."

"Oh my fucking god." I said in between coughs.

"Dad! Get out of here!" Camryn exclaimed. I walked over to her and grabbed the cigarette out of her hand.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!" I screamed, not even bothering to put it out.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS!" She screamed back at me.

"HOW COULD YOU!" I screamed, my coughing getting even more violent.

"Brandon! What is go-BRANDON! PUT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW!" Alex screamed. I looked and noticed it was still lit, making me cough even harder. I quickly put it out in the ash tray next to Camryn's bed and fell to my knees.

"WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED IN HERE!" Alex screamed, opening the window and fanning the smoke out.

"SHE'S FUCKING SMOKING!" I screamed, clutching my throat as it got harder to breathe.

"Brandon, let's get you out of here. Camryn, I'm going to have a talk with you later." Alex said, dragging me out of the room. She closed the door and layed me down in the hallway.

"I'll call the ambulance." She said, kissing my lips before going to grab a phone. She came back up about five minutes later, phone still in hand.

"The ambulance is on it's way, I also called my parents so they can watch the kids. Do you want me to call your parents?"

"N-No. Freak...out." I said.

"Brandon, where's your inhaler?"

"O-Out."

"Fuck." Alex groaned and talked with the 911 dispatcher for a while. 

"Mom." Danielle said.

"Danielle, go back in your room, make sure the boys stay in their's too. Grandpa Jake and Grandma Ella are going to come watch you guys while we go to the hospital."

"What's wrong with dad?"

"He's just having a little asthma attack, he'll be fine." Alex said, stroking my hair. I hoped I would be fine, it's never been this bad. Usually, I have an attack for a while and then I black out. I'm still wide awake, can barely breathe and it hurts really bad.

"I want to go with you guys." Danielle whined.

"Danielle, no. You need to stay here."

"DADDY!" Eli yelled.

"Eli! Stay back!" I managed to turn my head and saw Danielle catch Eli before he reached me. She pulled Eli back into his room, the little boy kicking and screaming.

I looked back up at the ceiling and felt Alex wipe my cheek. I looked over at her and she smiled at me.

"Are you crying?" Alex asked. I reached up and touched my cheek, shrugging.

"Camryn, back into your room." Alex said.

"I-I-"

"Camryn, room."

"ALEX!" I heard Ella call.

"Up here!" I heard footsteps on the stairs and saw Jake and Ella appear.

"Oh Brandon." Ella sighed, touching my cheek. It sounded like I was underwater when they were talking.

"A-Alex." I managed to say.

"Honey, don't talk." Alex said, running her hand along my cheek.

"I-I think...dying." I said, my vision getting cloudly.

"You're not dying Brandon." Alex said.

"K-Kiss." I said and she leaned down, kissing my lips. I held on to the kiss a little longer before she pulled away.

"L-Love."

"I love you too Brandon." She smiled, tears coming to her eyes. "You're going to be fine." All of a sudden, my vision went black, but I could still hear.

"Brandon? Mom, I don't think he's breathing." Alex said, starting to freak out.

"He is, but barely." Ella said as someone placed their hand on my chest. What the hell is happening to me?

"Mom! He's not breathing! Brandon!" Alex sobbed.

"Come on Brandon, breathe." Jake said. That's when I fully blacked out.

************************************************************************************************

Oooh! What happened to Brandon?

Listening to Realize~ Colbie Caillat

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER