Chapter 22: What Is This?

BRANDON'S POV

I was visiting my parents and decided to go into the kitchen to get some food. I saw a paper on the counter and looked at it quickly, gasping at what I saw.

"Dad!" I called. He walked into the kitchen.

"What?"

"What's this?" I asked, him, holding out the paper to him.

"Dangit." He said under his breath, taking the paper from me.

"Dad, what is it?"

"Harley!" My dad called.

"Dad."

"You weren't supposed to see this." He said quietly.

"Yes?" My mom asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Look what Brandon found." My dad said, handing the paper to my mom.

"Crap, I guess I must have left it out." She said quietly.

"Mom, dad, what the heck is going on? What is that paper for!" They just stayed quiet, looking at each other and then at me.

"Tell me right freaking now! I'm not a child anymore! I'm a grown freaking man!"

"I guess we have to tell them now." My dad said to my mom quietly.

"Tell me what!" Now I was getting angry.

"Brandon, call you sisters over here and we'll tell all three of you at the same time. This is something you guys really need to hear." My mom said. I sighed and pulled out my phone, calling my sisters and following my parents to the couch. They arrived about ten minutes later and sat next to me.

"What the heck is going on?" I demanded once again. My mom sighed and began to speak.

"Well, I have this thing called a brain AVM. It's been causing my headaches. Long story short, the doctor gave me ten years to live." Blade broke out in tears, causing me to wrap my arms tightly around her.

"It's a blood vessel between my skull and spine. When it bursts, it's going to cause bleeding in the brain and I'll have a seizure. I'll be taken to the hospital and from there, I'll have a few days at the most."

"W-When did you find out about this?" I asked.

"September."

"You wait two months to tell us you're dying!" I exclaimed, tears in my eyes. "For god sakes! We're your kids! What, were you going to wait until you were on your death bed with only a few breaths left?"

"Brandon, I'm still coming to terms with this! I wanted to wait to accept it myself before I could tell you guys!"

"I can't believe this." Bailey whispered.

"Guys, don't worry. Ten years is a long time. I promise you I will be here to see my first great grandchild. I wouldn't dare leave you guys without being there for that." I got up and hugged my mom tightly, crying into her shoulder. She hugged me back, rubbing my back.

"You guys, it's okay, really."

"No it's not! I'm not ready to lose you!" Blade exclaimed.

"You're not going to lose me anytime soon. I promise." We all decided to go home shortly after.

"Brandon, what's wrong?" Alex asked, noticing my red eyes. I wrapped Alex in my arms tightly and sobbed into her shoulder.

"My mom's dying." I managed to say.

"W-What?"

"She has a blood vessel in her brain that's going to burst. The doctor's gave her ten years to live."

"Oh my gosh."

"This is just too much, I'm not ready to lose my mom yet."

***

After I calmed down a bit, I called the girls down to break the news to them. We figured the boys were still a little too young to understand.

"So, I went to go see grandma and grandpa today and they told me something. The doctor's gave grandma about ten years to live."

"What?" Camryn asked.

"She has a blood vessel in her brain that's been giving her headaches. Once it bursts, she basically has a few days to live."

"Oh my gosh." Danielle cried.

"They got the news about two months ago. Your aunts and I just got told today. Try not to mention it to anybody because I don't know when your cousins are going to get told and I don't want you guys telling them before they're parents tell them. Deal?"

"Deal."

"Thanks." I said with a small smile.

BLADE'S POV

When I got home, I collapsed in front of the door, crying my eyes out. Gabe ran to me and wrapped me in his arms, trying to calm me down.

"Blade, what's wrong? What happened at your parents."

"M-M-Mom." I stuttered, choking on my sobs.

"Mom?" I heard Blake say from the top of the stairs.

"Boys, go to your room." Gabe said. He helped me stand up and walked me over to the couch, both of us sitting down. It took me five minutes before I calmed down enough to speak.

"M-M-My mom's d-dying."

"What?"

"The doctor gave her ten years to live. She has a blood vessel in her brain that's going to burst and kill her. I'm not ready for my mom to die yet Gabe." I sobbed into his chest.

"That's horrible." Gabe said, rubbing my back. After I calmed down a bit more and stopped crying, Gabe called the boys down so we could tell them.

"What's wrong?" Blake asked with a worried expression.

"I went to go see grandma and grandpa today and grandma may not be around much longer."

"What?" Christian asked, gasping as tears came to his eyes.

"About two months ago, they found out that grandma has about ten years to live."

"W-Why?" Blake asked, tears coming to his eyes as well.

"She has a blood vessel in her brain that will kill her if it bursts." I said, starting to cry again.

"Don't worry boys, ten years is a long time. She's not going anywhere, anytime soon." Gabe said, trying to make them feel better.

BAILEY'S POV

When I got home, I saw Onyx on the couch. I walked over to him and sat next to him, burrying my face into his chest.

"Bailey, what's wrong?" He asked, hugging me tightly as I sobbed into his chest.

"My mom's dying." I said.

"What?"

"She has ten years to live Onyx! All because of a stupid blood vessel in her brain that's going to burst! It's not fair Onyx! I need my mom! I'm not ready for her to die!" I sobbed, balling his shirt into my fists.

"She's a strong woman Bailey, I promise you she's not going anywhere, anytime soon." He said, rubbing my back and stroking my hair.

"I-I don't think I want to tell Lukas. I-I don't think he's old enough to udnerstand."

"Alright." Onyx said, kissing my lips.

**************************************************************************************

Aww but yay! Long chapter! And yay! POV's from Blade and Bailey!

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!