Chapter 79: I Believe That We All Fall Down Sometimes

Chapter 79: I Believe That We All Fall Down Sometimes

DANIELLE'S POV

"Come on boys! Let's go!" My dad called. They got up from the couch and ran to the front door, grabbing their bags. I got up and put my cereal bowl in the sink.

"Danielle! There's a note for you on the entryway table!" My dad said.

"A note for me?" I asked, walking into the entryway.

"I found it taped to the door. Gotta go." He said, kissing the top of my head and walking out of the house with the twins. I picked up the note and chewed on my lip. I unfolded and started reading it.

Danielle,

I'm so sorry for everything. I never meant to hurt you, I was just stupid and in love. I really like you still but I can see that I ruined it. Well, you'll never have to see me again. My family is moving to Northern California, getting me away from trouble. I'll never forget you Danielle Marie Biersack.

Harper.

"Oh my god."

"What is it?" My mom asked.

"Harper moved." I said, showing her the letter.

"Well, that should be good, right?"

"Yeah. I just hate to think it was my fault that his family had to uproot their lives."

"Danielle, none of this was your fault. He asked you out, he cheated, he stalked you. You were just the victim in this."

"Okay." I sighed.

"You don't still have feelings for him, do you?"

"No! Of course not!" And that was the truth. Of course, I still felt something towards him when we broke up, but after he became a stalker, those feelings jumped out of the window.

"Good, now your bus is going to be here soon." She said, placing the note on the table and going to the kitchen. I grabbed the note and stuffed it into my bag.

***

"Hey Danielle." Ember said.

"Look at this." I said, giving her the note.

"Woah, Harper is gone?"

"Yeah."

"Wow." She said, handing me the note back. "Well, that's good."

"Yeah."

ALEX'S POV

The boys ran off the bus and into my arms, hugging me tightly.

"Hey boys, how was your day at school."

"Awesome! I passed my multiplication test!" Eli exclaimed as they jumped down, both boys grabbing my hands as we walked back to the house.

"Cool! What was it on?"

"Six's! I earned my chocolate syrup!" He said, reffering to the thing they're doing in their class. Every multiplication test you pass, you get another ingredient for your banana split.

"Oooh, that's a tricky one. What about you Eddie?"

"No." He sighed.

"Don't worry, you'll get it. Just tell me when you have to retake the test and I'll help you study, okay?"

"Okay!" He said as we got to the house and the boys walked in with me behind them.

"Mom, can we go over to Grandpa Andy's?" Eli asked.