Chapter 31: First Session

BRANDON'S POV

I was sitting at my desk when there was a knock at my door. I got up and opened the door, smiling when I saw Chris and his parents.

"Good afternoon, go ahead and take a seat Chris." I said and he nodded, walking past me. "This should only take about an hour."

"Awesome, thank you." His parents smiled before leaving. I closed the door and turned around, smiling at Chris. I grabbed my notepad and moved my chair around to the front of my desk.

"Okay Chris, before we start, let's get some things straight here. While you're in here, I'm not Camryn's father. Just think of me as a friend or a relative you trust, okay?" He nodded. "I promise I won't ask you about Camryn or your relationship or anything. The only reason Camryn will come up is if you want to talk about it, understand?" He nodded again.

"One more thing, you can tell me anything. Nothing you say in here will go home to Camryn or my family or your parents or anything. Whatever you say stays between me, you and these four walls."

"Okay." He said.

"Great, so let's start out with a question. Do you self harm?"

"I-I used to."

"Can I see the scars?" He layed his arms out to reveal fading scars. "Mind if I touch your arms?" He shook his head. I ran my fingers up and down his arms. "Okay, what was the reason behind these."

"I, um, had a girlfriend back in Florida. I thought she was the love of my life, but I was wrong. I told her everything because I trusted her. One day, she told everyone everything I told her and even twisted some of the stories to make them sound worse. I began to get bullied really bad and fell into depression. I started to cut and this lasted for a few months before I decided to...end it all. My parents found me tying the rope in my closet." He said, looking down.

"I was forced to tell my parents everything and they took me out of school and started home schooling me while they looked for a new place to live. Luckily, my dad was offered a job out here in Califoria, so we packed everything up and moved out here." He shrugged.

"Wow, um, how old are you Chris?"

"I'm thirteen."

"I was exactly your age when I wanted to, you know."

"You?" I nodded, rolling up my sleeves and showing the remaining scars.

"I, um, was in eigth grade and my sister was in seventh. A new girl came to the school and was in the same grade as my sister. They became best friends and I started dating her. I thought I was in love with her, I saved her from her abusive father, I did everything for her. She ended up cheating on me and I just snapped. While my family was at band pratice, I popped a vein, swallowed a bottle of pills and hung myself in my closet. I died in the hospital but came back to life."

"Wow." I nodded. We talked for the next hour until his parents came.

"Well, there's your parents." I said, setting the notebook down and standing up.

"T-Thanks Brandon." Chris said as we walked to the door.

"No problem, see you next week?" I asked as I opened the door to reveal his parents.

"Definitely." He said, walking out.

"Thank you so much Brandon." His mom said.

"No problem." I smiled, saying bye to them as they walked away.

***

"DADDY!" The twins shouted as they ran down the stairs when I got home.

"Hey boys." I laughed, bending down and hugged them.

"So, how'd it go?" Camryn asked, skipping down the stairs.

"You know I don't talk about work."

"Daaaaaaad!" She whined.

"I'm sorry Camryn. I promised him nothing he said would be repeated to you. And I don't want you prying the information out of him either. Just let him tell you whatever he needs to tell you when he's ready." She sighed.

"Fine."

"That's a good girl." I smiled, kisisng her head before going to Alex in the kitchen.

**********************************************************************************

Listening to I Am Gummy Bear~ Gummibar

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER