Chapter 13: I Don't Feel Good

HARLEY'S POV

"Harley, time to wake up." Andy said, shaking me awake. I groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I had been feeling bad for quite a while now so I made an appointment with my doctor. I got up and got ready, walking out to where Andy was sitting on the couch.

"Ready to go?" He asked and I nodded. He turned off the TV and stood up, walking to the front door. He opened it and went out to the car, getting in. I locked the door and followed him out to the car, getting in myself. Andy turned it on and drove to the doctor's, both of us getting out. We walked in and Andy went to go find a seat while I checked myself in. I went to go sit with Andy and grabbed his hand, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Andy, I'm worried." I said quietly. "What if there's something wrong with me?"

"I'm sure you just fine." He said, rubbing my thigh and kissing my cheek. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I need to do this on my own."

"Alright." He said, kissing my lips.

"Harley Biersack."

"Good luck." He smiled as I stood up and followed the nurse into a room. She did the few basic things before the doctor walked in.

"Good morning Harley, what seems to be the problem?" He asked, sitting down on his stool.

"I've been having these really bad headaches for a month." I said, rubbing the base of my head where my neck and head meet.

"Really? Hmm, are they constant?"

"It'll go away for a few hours and then come back."

"Okay, I want to run a few tests on you." He said, turning around to a cabinet and pulling out a gown. "If you could just put this on and we'll be all set. I'll be back in five minutes." He said, leaving the room.

***

After being poked with needles multiple times and getting a scan of my head, the tests were finally in. The doctor walked in and I could tell his smile was fake.

"Oh God, what's wrong with me?"

"You have a brain AVM, otherwise known as an arteriovenous malformation."

"W-What's that?"

"It's basically sort of a blood clot either on the brain or spine. Yours is right at the base, which is where you're feeling the pain. Headaches are normal for this sort of thing. No one's ever told you that you've had this?" I shook my head. "Usually, this is something that you've had since birth. Have you ever had your head scanned?"

"Yeah, my dad used to beat me so they checked my head for damage. They didn't see anything wrong with my brain." I was starting to panic.

"Well, the abuse from your father may of caused this. We still don't really know the cause or really have a cure."

"W-What's going to happen to me?" Tears began to pool in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Biersack, but I'd say you have a good ten years, give or take, to live." I covered my mouth with my hand as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Eventually, the blood vessels will burst and cause a hemorrhage, otherwise knows as bleeding in the brain."

"I-Is there anything that I could do to possibly prolong this?"

"I'd say to not strain yourself, that means no lifting heavy things. I'm going to prescribe you some medicine to help with your headaches as well." He said, writing something down. "Again, I'm very sorry."

"T-Thank you doctor." He gave me a small smile before leaving the room. I changed back into my clothes and wiped my tears, going back out to the waiting room.

"How'd it go?" Andy asked, standing up.

"Fine, the headaches are just a result of allergies." I shrugged. I couldn't tell him that his wife was going to die, not yet.

"Good." He smiled, pulling me in for a hug.

**************************************************************************************

Should she tell Andy?

Listening to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious~ Mary Poppins

25 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER