Chapter 40: Decision

CAMRYN'S POV

"CAMRYN!" Chris exclaimed as I walked up to my locker on monday morning.

"Hey." I said, turning around and kissing his lips.

"How was Texas?" I bit my lip and tried to figure out what I should say.

"Actually, it was great, I wouldn't mind moving out there."

"W-What?"

"Leaving you and Hannah and my family is the only part I would hate about moving. But we could figure out some sort of long distance relationship, I promise you if I do move, we will make this work. I love you." I said, kissing hims again.

"I love you too, I just don't want you to leave."

"If we do move, it'd be a few days after Christmas."

"B-But, that's a few weeks away!"

"I know, but my dad would need to start right after the new year." He placed his stuff on the ground and hugged me.

"I love you so much Camryn. Promise to tell me the minute he makes his decision?"

"Promise, I love you too." I said.

BRANDON'S POV

*One Week Later*

We've been back home for a week and this decision has been the only thing on my mind. I decided to go over to my parents', hoping they would help lead me in the right direction.

"Brandon!" My mom exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hey mom." I said, hugging her tightly. She let me go and my dad hugged me before they let me in.

"What's up?" My mom asked as we walked over to the couch and sat down.

"I actually have something to discuss with you guys." I said, biting my lip.

"What is it?" My dad asked.

"Well, dad kind of already knows, but I got a new job offer."

"That's great Brandon!"

"Yeah, it's a huge house, two really nice cars and triple my salary. The guy actually took the whole family to go check out the house and cars, and then he took me to see the practice. It's a really great deal."

"Well, are you taking it?" My mom asked. I looked at my dad and he nodded for me to go on.

"I-I haven't decided. See, there's one problem with this job. It's...kind of in Texas."

"What?" She asked.

"Yeah, and this visit made it harder for me to decide. I mean, it's really great out there and it might be nice to get out of LA, since I have lived here my whole life. The house is magnificent, it's up on these rocks that overlook the city. The office I would be getting out there is like two times the size of the one I have right now. Besides, I think a change of scenery is what the girls need, to get them back on track."

"Oh Brandon, I don't know if a change of scenery is going to fix things for the girls. If anything, it might make them feel worse. I mean, their family, friends and even Chris is out here! LA is all they've known."

"I just... don't know! I mean, I've been talking to Alex and she's kind of been switching back and forth on if we should include the kids in our decision or not. She's been going back and forth if she wants to go or not. Just, these past two weeks have been very stressful for me and I was hoping you guys might have something helpful to say."